Thread: How to remove unwanted Guest in Mac

How to remove unwanted Guest in Mac

Recently I had got a new Time Capsule system. I was installed by a engineer at my place. Everything was done by him from setup to router configuration. I was just navigating in the system and found a unwanted guest named Max in the system. I had tried to disable and delete this account but nothing happels. For disable there is no option in the menu, showing just More Info. How to get rid of this account.

Re: How to remove unwanted Guest in Mac

If it is a guest account then you can delete it from System Preferences. You just need to click on System Preferences > Account. In that you can see the guest account. Click on that and the uncheck the box which states Allow guests to log in to this computer. You can click it on for that for first unlocking the same. Because the settings may seems like grayed out.

It can be your router. Just check the same properly. It might be your router name which is configured. The same is shared for other users to access your system. Usually you can block the same from the System Preference settings and then remove that completely. It is possible that some one is picking up your wireless connection. Use secure settings while surfing.

It looks like that some one is trying to access your network. This means that our system is using a unsecured network which can provide easy access to any one. First do one thing. Disable file sharing and then block any remote connection setting from your router. You can enter the router configuration page by typing the IP address in the web browser.

If you have secured wireless connection then there is nothing to worry about. No one can access the network without your consent. The first security thing which you can do is change your outer name and password. Block the remote administration and setup WPA in your network. This will provide you a password authentication by which the other user can only access your network if he has a password.

That might be a shared folder in your system. If you leave that thing as it is it will not hurt you. Non one can access your system without your consent. Use a better internet security application suite which can provide you good network security. Basically disabling the sharing system on your system will block the unwanted access to your Mac PC. You can simply drag them to trash for deletion.

The new release of Mac operating system which is known as Leopard has a ability which allows other user to access you computer via guest account. You does need to worry about this. This account does has any administrator rights to modify or access a file. But user in that account can surf web and check mails. You can turn this off on your consent from System Preference > Account > System.