Thread: OSX Server Security Breach

OSX Server Security Breach

I am using a Mac Mini which is having 1 TB storage capacity as my file. I am also using the same for the ftp server. Now I am not having much knowledge about it and I want to know about the OSX Server Security Breach. By doing that I can stop the files sharing clients that are connected to my Mini. Also can I dual protect by Mac Mini from the users that are running the Windows.?? Any other information related to the security would be wonderful.

Re: OSX Server Security Breach

If you have defined in Windows folders "shared" belonging to the party Mac OS on your hard disk, this constitutes a breach of "leakage" between these two worlds ... PC malware active in Windows and have access to content through this breach of these files and delete them. Windows does not use the networking features of Mac OS X that are controlled by NetBarrier ... So NetBarrier can not play any protective role in the use of Windows. This applies to both Windows installed on your machine with BootCamp, as virtual machines such as Virtual PC, Parallels Desktop, VMware Fusion.

Re: Dual Protection for Mac users running Windows

Many users run Windows on their Macs and are therefore vulnerable to a whole new range of security threats: viruses, spyware, adware and hackers are lying in wait, ready to compromise your Windows installation . When Windows is run on a Mac using the application Apple's Boot Camp or virtualization software, a Windows-specific protection is essential. Internet Security Barrier Dual Protection X6 includes BitDefender Internet Security 2010 to ensure the security of Mac OS X and Windows, and thus allow Mac users running Windows to receive full protection for both operating systems.

Viruses, trojans, worms and other forms of malware continue to pose a constant threat to the computers of all types, but cyber-criminals are now turning to new techniques to infect and take control of your Mac. Focusing only on the malware and network attacks is not enough to protect your Mac against online threats. In addition, children are exposed to inappropriate content on the Web, files and data protection needs against the risk of loss or damage, and reduces spam productivity.

Internet by NAT Mac OS X Server or a NAT router, this type of breach in security is not possible. The latest Mac computers equipped with Intel processors, can run Windows and Mac users are likely to use this feature. However, these Macs are vulnerable to a whole new range of security threats: viruses, spyware, adware and hackers are willing to compromise their Windows installation.