Thread: How to configure Time Capsule Ethernet

How to configure Time Capsule Ethernet

I need help in connecting my Time Capsule to a network. I here have a MAC networks which is accessed by other systems on LAN. Now when I connect my system a nothing appears. I am not able to figure out weather I am connected or not. I think I might need to use a good Ethernet cable for the same. May be my system is not detected due to the spoiled cable.

Re: How to configure Time Capsule Ethernet

First make sure that your live on network. Then you have to first ensure that your Time Capsule must have a proper access to the modem or router. You must plug the same to the wan or lan as per the availability of connection. Then you can connect directly to the lan and you can access the other pc on the network. In the left side of Finder you will be asked for password. Provide the same.

It is possible that your Ethernet cable might not function properly due to which you are not getting access to the network. Connect your system and then enter the Airport Utility. If you are not able to find anything here then definitely there is fault in the cable or any other hardware. You might need to contact the apple care support to find out the issue behind the same.

Arrange a different cable first. Then try to restart your system and let it be connected on the network. You can press the for 5 second to reset your Time Capsule. Usually networks are easily detected without any issue. You can simply check the LAN connection and then access the system on the network. If you does not find any support here then try to contact apple care.

In my case I had plugged my Mac system directly to a network. You might need some good cables for that. I had first checked out internet connection on the single router and then plugged the same to LAN. Now after getting configured properly on the network the same worked well. You must first able to see the network in your system via Finder.

There can be some hardware issue in your Time capsule. Did you tried to connect your network to a wifi. Try that first. Use any wireless device and then try to get access. If that work, you are able to see the system on the network then it is for sure that the cable which you are using is faulty and the same is causing non working of the system on the network.

I am using my Macbook on a wireless network. As I on my wifi it popups a message of connection. I think this similar thing will work on LAN also. You must get any notification of connecting to a network. Try the Ariport Setup Assistant also. If you doubt about the cable then this simply means that it is faulty. Mac networks are not so tough to configure.