Thread: Windows security alert "Application cannot be executed" and also Rkill is not working

Windows security alert "Application cannot be executed" and also Rkill is not working

Since that night when I turn on my pc a new icon appears in my systray windows Security Alert . A tool tip shows me that Application cannot be executed. So i thought of running the RKill application so that i can post the log on this forum but when i try to launch Rkill by double clicking the icon nothing happens so tell me how can i get my log file or also you can tell me the way by which i can get rid of this error. For you r information i am using a desktop computer installed with windows 7.

Re: Windows security alert "Application cannot be executed" and also Rkill is not working

it's just the notifications that you want to disable it, just go to the Security Center from the Administration Panel, click on the link "Change the way Security Center alerts me" and choose what to be displayed or not. This manipulation to disable one or more notifications is much more secure than the complete disabling Security Center in the sense that some viruses can disable antivirus (although their icon is normally displayed in the Windows notification area), if Security Center is activated and the notification Antivirus is still active (and the virus has not deceived) you will get a pop up notification indicating that the virus is not functional.

Re: Windows security alert "Application cannot be executed" and also Rkill is not working

This alert clearly indicates an alert for a virus on your system and hence i would advice you to get an antivirus installed on your system this will definitely help you to get the virus removed and hence the error will be resolved. I will recommend you to use the Microsoft essential antivurs program on your system. This application if freely available for genuine window users. If you want you can download it from here. This will take sometime. After you finish downloading simply install it by double clicking the downloaded file.

Security Center in Windows XP helps you to manage security settings of Windows. So if you have not enabled automatic updates or you've cut for one reason or another your firewall alerts are displayed in the taskbar. You can disable them.

• Open the Control Panel and then double click the Security Center icon.
    • In the Resources pane, click Change the way Security Center alerts me.
    • Then uncheck the box in front of the alerts that you no longer wish to receive and then click OK.
    • You can finally close the Control Panel window.

In my opinion the easiest to solve this problem is to restore your desktop computer and hence the registry keys that you did not fail to erase. I hope that you have carefully chosen to make a backup. You can always try to wait longer for your reboot. Some reboots are longer than other ... Patience is sometimes paid, is not it? But generally you should never do several things at once or even days, and also think to make a restore point before a change. Caution is always paid.

After successfully restoring your system i would advice you to install a well and good antivirus in my opinion the AVG free edition is one of the best antivirus available for windows.

To disable this follow the steps which i have mentioned below:

• From the command line (Run) type "services.msc"
    • In the new window, click on "Security Center"
    • The properties window opens, scroll down the list of "Startup Type" and choose "Disabled"
    • Click on the button "Stop"
    • Then * Click on the button "OK"

This problem can occur if a user with administrator rights and permissions off feature User Account Control. You can disable this feature with the User Accounts item in Control Panel. Log on to Windows Vista as a user with administrator rights and permissions. Click Start and then click Control Panel. click User Accounts and Family Safety, Control Panel on or off the User Account Control. Check the box Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer. Finally click OK.