Thread: WDS Network setup on Time Capsule

WDS Network setup on Time Capsule

I have 2 Airport Express. They are connected to my Time Capsule system. I add connected the same to stream music around my house. Now this 2 Airport device are not able to participate in WDS Network. But in Time Capsule can see a relevant option to that. I can create a wireless network and on the same way extend it also. Why I am getting this message then.

Re: WDS Network setup on Time Capsule

Usually the WDS network depends on the model of Airport you are using. I have to devices which are connected to Time Capsule which have a WDS option provided in it. I have actually two Time Capsule in my network. But in the new one there is no WDS support provided. So you might need to first ensure that all your device must first support this network terminology.

There are lots of issue related to WDS with Time Capsule. It never stays stable in most of the cause. Sometime the network drops frequently. So here you are left with other options which are either using a Ethernet or Extend a Network support. This is a bit trouble because they does not work with those devices which does belongs to Apple. But you can use it for Remote network.

There is a way by which it can work. For that from the drop down menu hold the option button for a while. There on the resultant window you can see more new options. They have some WDS option provided in that. You can then participate in the WDS network which would work great on Airport Express. It is possible to join a network in that. You can also extend the network if needed.

That is quiet a proper way. On your Time Capsule from the popup menu you have to click on the option button. At that place you will see the Wireless Mode Menu. In that you can also notice a option which will provide you a checkbox stating Participate in a WDS Network. You can choose that and the tab will be visible. You can then make your Time Machine as host and allow others as clients to your system.

First to make this thing work you will need to configure the WDS with a ID which belongs to the Airport Express. Then you have to restart the Time Capsule till you gain on the network. As the light goes green you can plug the Airport Express. After that you can use the Airport Utility to configure the other options. You can add up a stereo to that to stream music from iTunes.

I had created a network at my home. Despite of some difficulties in the connection I had successfully managed to run the network. I have two Time Capsule on it which are working well. I had first reset both the Airport Express device and then in Airport Utility I can see the default settings. Now after changing the settings of Time Capsules I had setup the Airport Express ID as remote. After updating the settings things worked well.