Thread: Can't Access My Router Management Console

Can't Access My Router Management Console

I am not getting the my router management console, I don't know what's the issue regarding this and commonly I was able to access the console by typing the IP address into the browser. I am running with a Linksys basic 100Mbps home router (not wireless) nothing fancy. I have issues the command as ipconfig /all and the address for the default gateway is the address which I configured for my router. I can successfully ping the router but console is not accessible anymore.

Re: Can't Access My Router Management Console

LinkSys routers adjusted with the Setup Wizard that is intended to make much easiest and common configuration jobs. I don't recommend the LinkSys Setup Wizard just because of two causes :

1- The Setup Wizard is not particularly simpler than the common configuration options .
    2- If you are going with the Setup Wizard, you will end up getting two interfaces for your LinkSys router instead of just single

The better course of activity would be to open your browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc and issue the proper URL as the IP address : http://192.168.1.1/ . You will now be prompted to issue your Username and Password.

This is the Network Topology described from top to bottom as follows :

Internet
    Public IP 66.00.00.00 (e.g.)
    AT&T Router
    Private IP 66.00.00.00 (e.g.)
    Linksys router
    192.168.1.1 (e.g.) Default Gateway
    Network

I think, it would be helpful for you to do this . I should associate that at single point I can access this router very well. I have done the actual configuration on this.

The method that through which you can use two routers? In my network connection, the first router the connected up to outside network has to be the gateway. Where as the another router has to be 'dumb' and not try to manage the stuff in this way :

Code:
    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>ipconfig
    Windows IP Configuration
    Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
            Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : gateway.2wire.net
            IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.68
            Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
            Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254

C:\>
    Actually, the IP address of the second one router is as 192.168.1.50
    that I configure it its console. through that method, I can get access onto my first router.

Can't Access My Router Management Console

I haven't configure the actual management of the network. I am running with a small business which is dependent on 12 workgroup terminals. The whole network has been running with static IP. The linksys router is not configured up to take out addresses(DHCP). The network going to work very well and I am getting proper internet access. I am sure that with the exception of a some of the terminals such as network printers, application server that the network should mostly be work with dynamic IP. I actually have a hard time describing the current situation to the owner. It has been run such a manner for so long he doesn't got the change.

We have just moved from Wind stream To AT&T, again it's not my conclusion to of the end , and I had the authority of overlooking to applied process. When it happened AT&T installed acquired router/modem and to store my network locations the same that I have configured on my router in behind this. This performed very well and was capable to get the Linksys management console to set the IP addresses for the gateway and DNS servers. Currently , the network works well, however I am unable to get the control panel associated with my router. I have had such issue before but it was always due to the nodes being on another networks.
    Last edited by Techno01; 28-05-2010 at 10:00 AM.

I don't think , you are doing anything incorrect to have the Linksys behind the AT&T. I have configured a limited and manageable network as same as you have currently but all are configured as DHCP. The Linksys Local IP has been configured. You should perform the "hard reset" of the Linksys.