Thread: Unable to comm with scanner

Unable to comm with scanner

I just followed some Malware/Virus healing steps and then made a fresh installation of Zonealarm which is freely distributed and works as my firewall.

I have complete set of printer/copier/scanner named as Canon Pixma MP130. When I move to perform the scan, I received an error and suggesting that

" The computer cannot communicate with the scanner, that it is either turned off, or the cable is disconnected. "
    However, the printer is going well and perfect ! I tried to restart the MP130, and plugged the USB in another port but no luck . I also turned off the ZA properly , but I still receiving that error message. When I try to work with my notebook the absolutely going fine .

Re: Unable to comm with scanner

As according to your situation that is related to your hardware device, There are two conclusions are getting received, Something is going wrong with your configuration of firewalls and the second may be the issue of installation of drivers .

As you stated that the printer is functioning where as scanner is not as above , then I think, the problem that you are getting is related to the issue of your firewall and just reconfigure your firewall again and issue appropriate values. Have you installed the latest driver for the your connected device (Printer/scanner/copier) ?

According to me, I am running with proper installation of drive. one more thing is that the unit goes very well with my notebook computer which is installed with the Windows XP Pro but Zonealarm or Avast (uses AVG) are not included in those . Also, it looks very strange that only the scanner is ex-communicado during the printer goes very well. There maybe that I am moving to the result about security programs, but the coincidence of con figuring to ZA, Avast, and working with Advanced System Care looks proper to me.

There maybe that I am moving to the result about security programs, but the coincidence of con figuring to ZA, Avast, and working with Advanced System Care looks proper to me.
    I have considered the whole discussion and find out currently, uninstall Zone Alarm and Avast and find out what you are receiving now and just be sure that the Windows Firewall is activated because that is very necessary to look there..

There is no any effect, I am getting after entire configuration, The exact result is getting issues by uninstalling the Zone Alarm and Avast. One more thing, that should be care about is that the machine does not "detect" a Nikon camera and plugged through the USB either, but the same USB is eligible to work with different camera or other device with perfect manner. If I execute Belarc advisor, it detects the Nikon camera. So something is fishy going on within the USB ports.Have you anymore idea about this ....

I am unable to got a restore point for that situation, because I am not sure that when the viruses get achieve that distance and when, and the scanner issue only come up very frequently, after the restore points which I have already diverted to (According to my attempts to undo frequent changes).

Can you tell me that When you had just reinstalled the operating system last time ? There may be according to me , This is the actual time to begin over this . commonly, that would be treated as overkill, but if a system getting infected, had several software's which is already installed, and you are running with the unacceptable issues such like currently , This would not be a worst idea.Just consider on that ....