Thread: How to connect time capsule to pc

How to connect time capsule to pc

I encompass recently purchase and set up a Time Capsule that I am using with my MacBook. My friend uses my previous Dell laptop. Can she right of entry (read and write to) the Time Capsule hard drive wireless If so, how can I set this up. The dell laptop is presently accessing the internet through the TC. I lion gearing up to purchase a innovative MBP, which is how I discovered these forums and am now, slavishly, hitting refresh several times a day on the "MBP. Should I go with an exterior HD (and any suggestion on which). I absolutely need a backup resolution.

Re: How to connect time capsule to pc

You can do this in two methods. Moreover set up AirPort Utility for Windows and utilize AirPort Base Station Agent to attach to your Time Capsule's HDD, or set up the workgroup in your AirPort usefulness under Disks > File Sharing (create certain it's the similar workgroup that the PC is a part of). With the latter technique though, you have to create absolute certain that several software firewalls on your PC are not overcrowding your Time Capsule network. Add the TC's IP address to trusted networks/zones. If you do not, even if it's on the similar workgroup, your system determines to not observe the HDD or several additional networked computers/drives on the network.

The software inaugurate disc that comes with the TC can be work on your windows box. I cannot keep in mind exactly what I went through, but if memory serves, immediately the once you install the software, you get a TC obsession down in your system tray, from which you be able to opt to attach to the shared drive. Tell it you desire to contribute to, put in the password, and it's associated as a networked drive on your apparatus.

I did administer to get it set up alright. It was presently a case of installing the CD that was integrated on the windows apparatus. For a number of reasons, the install was not triumphant the first time - that's when I posted the query. Tried it again although and worked no difficulty. Presently had to enter the password and I was prepared to go.

I encompass a Comstar Platinum USB HD that is associated to the Time Capsule, when I twist the USB HD on it essentially causes the TC to crash. The USB HD is partition, one half is my old time apparatus backup for my Macbook (but at present I have an innovative backup on the Time Capsule's HD) and the additional separation is a Windows NTFS drive with Folders/Files backed up via copy/paste from my system. Is this the incorrect drive format for the Mac and the PC to contribute to files. Do I necessitate reformatting the drive and if so, what format be supposed to the USB HD be in to utilize it to share files connecting a PC and a MacBook.

I have solved my own difficulty subsequent to frequent google searches. In order to observe my TC from my XP PC I had to go into MyNetworkPlaces and go from side to side adding a innovative network place then had to enter: \\"IP address of TC"\"name of time capsule"(which occurs to be "Time Capsule") this then opened right of entry to the hard drive from side to side NetworkPlaces in Windows Explorer. I was in addition capable to set up the similar sort of thing for the connected USB drive with the similar \\IPaddress(similar one of the TC)\name of drive(this is originate in Airport Utility under shared drives). On the other hand this merely gave me right of entry to the old Time Machine area of my USB drive and I tranquil cannot locate right of entry to the Windows partition even trying the similar procedure as I did with the others.

It was one of the pinnacle Google hits when I looked for how to fix much the similar difficulty (merely dissimilarity was additional PC was connected via Airport too and not Ethernet) and it worked right away. My merely comment is that your Time Capsule might not be named what you imagine it is. For me, the ISP it appears that took the place of what I consideration my Time Capsule was named (and what the name demonstrate up as in Airport Utility); as an alternative, the first and simply folder within the Time Capsule itself was what I had to put into the position. So it looked similar to \\"IP Address"\"[My name]'s Time Capsule" although Time Capsule got truncated to "Time Ca" for the reason that I have a moderately long last name.