Thread: Snow Leopard VPN

Snow Leopard VPN

Since the arrival of Snow Leopard, and the native management service Cisco VPN / IPsec in Network preferences, I try to see whether I could be rid of the VPN client for Mac Cisco ... service that has made me till then to connect to my corporate network from my home. The connection to the server is going well. The group is well recognized. Can I get a login dialog that asks for my account name and my RSA passcode. After entering the passcode, the LED connection VPN service goes green briefly and then returns to the orange and the service displays "not connected". How can I fix this issue?

Re: Snow Leopard VPN

The integrated Cisco VPN client does not support IPSec in UDP encapsulation, generally used when one wants to make IPSEC behind a router that does NAT. Conclusion: Useless as it is beyond question that my network administrator active IPSec over TCP. And anyway the VPN in a TCP connection is a heresy. I searched a bit in Snow Leopard, and I thought Snow Leopard uses the daemon "racoon" to make the IPSec. It remains for me to immerse myself in the doc racoon to see if we can make it work properly in this mode.

Then I know where you want this information on the Cisco Client? That is an eternity that all VPN solutions including easy remote access VPN routers from 12.2 (13) T supports NAT-T. On the other hand, our friend does not mean the Cisco client running apparently fine but the client native Mac OS. Access via Virtual Private Network (VPN) allows your users to take advantage of network services when they are not on site, while denying access by unauthorized persons.

When creating a new connection begins by asking you what type of FireWall (my house is the Secure Computing, the Dell Linux box with a blue hood Secure Computing) and from there it was quite simple. There remained only the basic parameters visible on the PC application. And at least have the possibility to reconfigure your VPN gateway. I was talking about the cisco client built into Snow Leopard, not the client provided by Cisco. If I summarize, it appears that the Cisco client / IPsec supplied by Apple with 10.6 does "dialogue" correctly with all Cisco VPN gateways. And it may well be due to mismanagement UDP transport.

The second bears well NAT-T, but Cisco does not provide 64bit (and anyway, EzVPN is doomed to disappear, Cisco does not seem ready to support Snow Leopard to this solution), while the first from my tests and the numerous interventions on Apple forums seems not to support ESP encapsulated in UDP. I do not know whether it is possible to achieve a functional connection racoon just using client-side and elsewhere, before I start setting up this "thing" in menu, if you have any information feasible or not, I'm interested.