Thread: Need help in configuring WEP password in Airport Extreme

Need help in configuring WEP password in Airport Extreme

I would like to be familiar with how to put a WEP password on the AirPort Extreme. If it's not probable to put in the most important network is there a way I be able to put in the Guest Network. I have looked for the arrangement of the WEP and the entire I found was WPA. I be familiar with that WPA is additional secure, but I really necessitate WEP. I imagine that's the entire.

Re: Need help in configuring WEP password in Airport Extreme

Well, your AirPort is not this representation that is why you asked this here, for the reason that you merely found for the oldest models. Mine is the innovative one, the dual band, the most recent release. It does not have settings for wep, so perhaps it does not hold up but if someone knows please answer me. But btw, does anybody know how be able to put a WEP password on the AirPort Extreme.

I basically cannot put WPA for the reason that I actually necessitate WEP. I am familiar with that WPA is safer and etc but I actually necessitate a WEP. The btw, someone be familiar with how to put a wep password on an airport Extreme I have cracked WEP keys in under 15 minutes but ok. In the AirPort Utility choose your apparatus, then choose manual setup, go to "Wireless" and in there be supposed to be your password alternative.

I be familiar with there be supposed to be the WEP option, but there is not. That’s why I consideration that it's strange, for the reason that in Apple.com says that you be able to put WEP, but there is not this alternative. Is there a way to "facilitate" or to put a WEP on an AirPort Extreme. I consider that's a diminutive bit impracticable for the reason that I have asked this question in lots of forums and nobody be familiar with it.

You are familiar with that it advertises and you originate how to put a WEP key. You have to grasp the alternative on the Mac (You believe it's the alternative) or the ctrl in windows and then at the same time as holding it, you have to hit it off on the options to modify password type and WEP determine to come into view there. You desired a temporary explanation at the same time as you are upgrading your TiVo wireless adapter. You was stumped in anticipation of you originate this post. The "option click" was the explanation to the mystery.

I observe that this alternative runs for the "Wireless" network but does not seem to run for the Guest Network sanctuary settings. I encompass a G4 with an Airport card that does not maintain WPA sanctuary. As far as I am familiar with, there is no method of doing this. I have tried holding down the alternative key, but WEP is presently not obtainable on the guest network. I have resorted to leaving it unsecured and revolving on MAC address filtering as an alternative. Expectantly this characteristic determines to be added in a future firmware modification.