Thread: How to configure NAT on Airport Extreme

How to configure NAT on Airport Extreme

My issue is my Xbox 360 is associated wirelessly to my Airport Express to attach to Xbox Live. On the other hand, when I run a Network test on the Xbox 360 the NAT is showing as "temperate". It is able to be Strict, temperate, or Open. In regulate to play online without issues; it has to be set to Open. There are numerous forums and guides online explaining how to generate an Open NAT using Microsoft companionable routers (DLink, etc.), but I necessitate step-by-step instructions how to complete this task with an Airport Express. I have numerous things including setting Static IPs, Port Mapping, Resetting, etc. But cannot accomplish my goal and it is driving me in same.

Re: How to configure NAT on Airport Extreme

I have essentially followed those steps from that precise page previously. They were a diminutive dissimilar for the 360 (that page is for the PS2), so I am not certain if that's where I went incorrect for the reason that regrettably it did not run. As I have said, I have googled this problem a hundred dissimilar ways and looked through every page that seemed even somewhat pertinent, and have not been competent to fix this. The most horrible part is that this category of thing completely consumes me until I get it accurate.

I do not have several Apple-brand routers (similar to the Airport Express), so I cannot give you precise directions myself. But the respond, in general, is to put the XBox 360 into the DMZ. That is the method that my XBox 360 is set up with my Belkin N1 hallucination router, and it runs absolutely. (This brings me to an additional point you declare “Microsoft compatible routers” in your original post. There's no such thing, or perhaps to say it an additional method, the entire routers are companionable with the entire operating systems that handle TCP/IP. The entire routers route TCP/IP, and the entire system platforms that are accomplished of TCP/IP are companionable with them.).

It positively seems that I have mistyped somewhere as I tranquil have the "restrained" NAT I presently do not be familiar with where I went incorrect. I in addition attempted to Port Forward the Xbox Live necessary ports to my 360: UDP 88, UDP 3074, and TCP 3074. But, I am not completely convinced in how I did it and whether I was using the appropriate IP addresses in a variety of fields as you have to input numerous dissimilar IPs into the Xbox 360's network menus (IPs, Gateways, DNSs, etc.) and in the router as well.

I am able to promise you that the majority routers not scheduled their work, and that I am using a Belkin Vision or description N1 (not on Microsoft's list) with my XBox 360 with no troubles. I am certain somebody knows, it's presently that I do not, as I do not own several Apple brand routers. Why do not you tell us accurately what you have in the entire of the variety of fields. And tell us unambiguously what IP address you have set for the different devices. Perhaps we determine to observe something set imperfectly.

You would not be anxious regarding. You play on Xbox Live the entire the time with a Moderate NAT as you run your Xbox 360's Ethernet cable into your MacBook, who shares the AirPort internet correlation to the Xbox 360. You have tried to get it to say "Open", but nothing runs. You too are trying to resolve this difficulty. Your XBOX says your NAT is Strict, even subsequent to productively setting up the XBOX to the network, as instructed by this and additional forums on the substance.

Merely utilize interference robustness if you have essentially found that you are getting troubles without it. If you utilize interference robustness when it is superfluous, it determines to essentially slow down your wireless networking. Setting up the ports to be forwarded be supposed to run, but by no means seemed to when I did it. I by no means even got to the result of "strict NAT" I immediately got failures in the XBox 360's network tests. I cannot explain why this is, but my XBox 360 runs correctly when I presently put it into the DMZ.