Thread: Remote Desktop Connection failed!

Remote Desktop Connection failed!

I need your help to resolve the issue related to the Remote Desktop Connection. I am using the VNC application for this Remote Desktop Connection. Whenever I use the remote desktop, most of the times I get message saying the 'Remote Desktop Connection failed'. I am not able to get how to resolve this issue. I wonder if you are able to help me to resolve this Remote Desktop Connection issue. Your any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Remote Desktop Connection failed!

To avoid this issue you need to reconnect the remote desktop.To close a session and all the applications you use in this session, click Start on the remote session, then click the Disconnect option from the logout screen. To close the session, but keep the applications stored on the remote computer, select Disconnect from the screen logoff or close the session window. When you use a single application to the remote session, simply close the application window.

Whenever I try to connect remotely to my office desktop, the remote Desktop client tries to connect for a few seconds, then stops without showing any errors. This seems to happen regardless I start the computer client. The OS is Win XP Pro SP2, fully updated. It responds to pings. The problem appears even when all firewalls are disabled. Has anyone knows solution for this?

I suggest you to use 'logmeIn' for remote desktop connection rather than VNC. With 'logmeIn' access and back up your home or work computer from anywhere with an Internet connection. Even access your desktop from your iPhone, iPad, or the dash of your Ford truck. It's fast, easy and secure. Back up to your own devices for total protection of the data that makes your business run.

Please try with following solutions:
    • Configure the Remote Desktop setting.
    • Use other application for remote desktop connection other than VNC.
    • Reinstall your operating system.

I suggest you to uses 'Network Level Authentication'. It is a new authentication method that terminate user authentication before you establish a complete Remote Desktop connection and previous to the login screen come out. Windows XP SP3 uses RDC 6.1 to support NLA. This attribute get better the authentication method, and it can help defend the remote computer against spiteful users and malicious software.

To connect to a VNC Server computer on the Internet, you must first configure the computer's network VNC Server to accept the connection. Communications between computers using the computer to an address "IP" to identify each machine, and "ports" to connect to specific services. To "see" a computer connected via a router / gateway you need to pass data through the router to the machine. Firewalls exist to prohibit the communication through them, unless it is explicitly allowed.