Thread: Time Machine backup on Parallels

Time Machine backup on Parallels

I am not able to get proper backup out of Parallels running Mac OS X via time machine. I have a Windows hard drive which has space of some 250GB. Now I had anyhow tried to extract 110GB data out of it which I want to back from time machine. But when I take the backup the amount drop downs to 80GB. I am not able to find out the issue behind this. Need help here.

Re: Time Machine backup on Parallels

Whenever you run Time Machine for the first time in your pc it backup all the things in the system. Then you can exclude some items from the list which you don't want to backup and run the backup again. Sometime Time Machine works much better if used the most newest version. You are running the same on Parallels which can be the reason of your problem.

It is correct that for the first time Time Machine backup everything. It then checks for the modified version of file and then adds the same to the backup directory. The issue with Parallels is that the disc image file which is created by it is very high. So if you have assigned multiple backups in Time Machine then that will consume up more space as compare to previous backup.

The Parallels works stable on windows or mac system. Most of your files are on your desktop or in the mac document. So Time Machine take regular backups of this stuff until there are some applications which does not function properly. Due to that some files are ignored by the application. But other choose critical files are taken by Time Machine after regular interval.

You can manually assign those folders to Time Machine for backup. That is possible in that. When you try to map some documents between Windows and MAC the first most specific question arises is the exact location of those documents. For example if you have a Excel file in the virtual drive of Windows then Time Machine will not backup that single file but that full hard drive.

The main role the time machine is to create automated backups. The option allows you to restore you full data backup on the part of your computer or any external drive. You can even clone the the entire hard drive and then restore your operating system in case of failure of the operating system.

It is possible that if you keep the file in a drive where the back have to installed and then that Time Machine will skip the files. For that it better to create a independent partition. So that it Time Machine can use partition dedicated to the clone on this disc then it backup everything. Use automatic incremental backup. It allows you to save and preserve everything that is on your computer, including your photos, music, video and documents, etc.