Thread: Airport not Configured error in Mac OS X leopard

Airport not Configured error in Mac OS X leopard

I am facing a weird problem with my iMac 27' which is installed with Mac OS X Leopard on it. Whenever I try to connect the iMac to the wireless router, it gives an error message saying "Airport not configured". Because of this I am not able to access Internet on my iMac using the wireless connection. So if any of you knows how to solve AirPort not Configured error in Mac OS X leopard then please suggest some solutions.

Re: Airport not Configured error in Mac OS X leopard

The network interface card which is installed on the Macbook establishes the connection to the network. Hence if the network interface card itself is faulty, then the device will not be able to connect to the network. Therefore I would suggest that the you check the network interface card of the computer by pinging the software interface port of the NIC. If there are any data packet loss found, then replace the network interface card.

If the operating system on the computer is not working properly such problems will be faced. The proper working of the operating system depends on the number of files which are associated to it. If any of the file which is associated to the operating system is not working then some features of the operating system may not work properly. Install the operating system in install/archive mode and check if the problem is solved or not.

Sometimes the operating system installed on the computer does not detect some peripherals which are connected. There can be many reasons for such behavior but to solve such problem, boot the system into safe mode and then boot in normal mode again. To boot the system in safe mode, press and hold the shift button while the system is booting. After booting the system in safe mode, restart the system and boot it again in normal mode. Now check if the system is able to connect to the internet using Airport or not.

Try doing a SMC reset. All the new Intel powere Mac systems are facing the same problem. To solve such issue, you will have to reset SMC. To reset the SMC, shut down the computer and press the SMC reset button on the logic board. Let the computer sit for about 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, connect the power cord to the computer and boot the system. Check if the same error is given by the system or not.

Remove the already added wireless networks from the network preferences and then check if the system gives the same error or not. GO to system preferences and open the network preferences. Delete all the network services which are added and then add them again. Save the settings and reboot the system. Now the Airport extreme will work without any problem.

Thanks for helping out, removing all the network services and then starting them again really solved the problem. After removing and adding all the network services, the wifi was visible on the top most corner of the iMac and Now the iMac connects to the Internet without any problems. I think the problem was because of the operating system installed on the computer.