Thread: Lost IP address

Lost IP address

There is one computer in my home operated mostly by my dad and now not getting connect to the internet . I have asked him about the previous machine that gets connect very well, just consider that this was the actual machine.

I have purchased his computer before and perform the re-installation of network drivers and the machine going very well at my house when connected to broadband with an Ethernet cable, but when the machine moves back to his house its does not connect. He already has contacted with his ISP, since and they suggest him that you have lost' your IP address. Anyone got this problem before ?????
    Last edited by Morea; 27-05-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Re: Lost IP address

Obviously looks fishy. you didn't described that was working fine after performing the reinstalling of the drivers for that. By the way, it is possible to "lose the ip" it should not be called that internet not working on the machine. Most ISPs assign dynamic IP addresses so it suggests that you never running with the same IP all the time. It keep changing. So it can be called as you have lost that. Some provide you the static IPs, so it's the actual IP entirely . Even if somehow they monitored to lose such IP you would get assigned different one. But as I told you previously that it is no excuse as that internet not functioning permanently.

If you have been sure that the machine connects to the internet very well in you house network than it is obviously the connection at your dad's house, the cable modem, the jack over the wall or different cable associated stuff . You have isolated that it's not the machine .May be, your dad is running with that "protection plan" which costs near about 3-7$ per month and any tech visits are not billed properly . If he does not did as like then you have to definitely still order this . So I would suggest you to contact to the isp again and have them come out to check the lines and you should move for try for getting connection of internet for your dad's pc....Good luck.

OK, The unaccepted thing is that the computer performing when I take that into my house, then after why it is getting stopped to work and the network drivers are covered with an exclamation mark. So I have jsut performed the re-installed procedure of them. And the network drivers were not activated and installed on the computer system, because primarily, I was moving to 'rollback' the procedure but in the middle of that suggested that they were not available on the machine.This feels very strange, but anyway after re-installing the drivers it comes to work properly without any issues until I picked it back to my dads house, then nothing.

I have also tried to made some chnages in the static ip. When i moved to perform this, it states that it is already connected, but it still does not get the internet.

As to not finding yourself to be able to "roll back" the driver that is because nothing as the older version of the driver was installed. If you are running with the driver 1 and then you have just overwrite another driver 2 then in this situation, you are able to "roll back" the previous one (driver 1). If you need not to have driver 2. But you are getting yourself unable to roll back from driver 1 to nothing. just get this ?

As for you changing a static IP which really contains nothing to do connected with the internet. You are getting ready to configure a private IP and that is for the machine to be able to communicate with some different machines in the home network. If you have configured this properly then this will say connected because it is connected completely with the home network. Unfortunately it express that it is "connected" but it is not connected properly with the internet.

According to me, The installation of different NIC would be the better option, I am going to buy one of the , As i have checked and they comes in only £5. It assumes as only the method to go, that may be the built-in Ethernet connector got unable to do more.

My dad's friend purchased her laptop to his house which would not connect. He connected his main machine in and that would not connect, then he connected in MY previous machine and it got connects pretty well.

Can you tell me about the current PC that you have contains a built in or addin NIC ? If addin then try to destroy it from the computer to your father's computer and see if it will perform prior to buying an another NIC. Oh Just be sure to made disable the built in NIC from the BIOS settings.

I don;t have any issues with eBay but just online purchasing in general. Although some times you are able to get the stuff cheaper online by the time you add shipping and managing, it reaches out near to the cost of a brick and mortar store.