Thread: Problems in iMac Airport Versalink 327W

Problems in iMac Airport Versalink 327W

I have an iMac G3 700Mhz computer running with OS X (Tiger). Everything is working smoothly except for the radio. Recently added an airport card it seems to work (get the airport icon on top). Well .. the problem is I can not access the configuration page of Modem / Router when I put in the address bar of Firefox the IP of this, I get an authentication box asking for a username and password. I have tried more of this type of modem from their default but at this couples the IPS (Verizon) was working on change sela therefore I can not have any kind of control over. But whenever I try to connect me wireless router (Westell 327W Versalink use WPA-PSK encryption) does not seem to find it. I get a message that says you can not find it. I chose WPA Personal on the characteristics of the network from the airport and entered my 26 digit key code in the field. Please help me to sort out this problem.

Problems in iMac Airport Versalink 327W

Re: Problems in iMac Airport Versalink 327W

You should know about the Diagnosing problems with the gate VersaLink Westell 327W. You can use the indicator lights "Power", "DSL" and "Ethernet" on the front of the gate Westell VersaLink to help diagnose problems with your Westell gateway. I think that it would be better if you reset the settings of your Versalink 327W. By doing that there are chances that the problem will get solved.

As you said that there is also WEP encryption key on your network VersaLink 327W, then you should keep in mind that security displays and indications of the gate Westell may vary slightly from the directions below, depending on when you bought your gate and the final version of programming that has loaded. Follow the steps to find your WEP encryption key :
    1. Open your internet browser and enter http://192.168.1.1 in the Address field.
    2. Select Wireless from the Configuration menu.
    3. In the Wireless Configuration menu, select Security.
    4. Sure you're using WEP encryption, for it, check that WEP is selected in the field Wireless Security.
    5. See what key (Key 1 - Key 4) is selected in the drop-down list Select Key. If the fields Key 1 - Key 4 is more than one encryption key, the key that appears in the Select Key corresponding to the active encryption key.
    6. Write down the WEP Key field for the option selected in the Select Key field. For example, if Key 2 was selected, enter the WEP key in the "Key 2."
    7. Enter the WEP encryption level (64 bits, 128 bits or 256 bits) selected in the field after the active WEP key. All network adapters must use the same level of WEP encryption.

The default user name for the gate Westell 327W VersaLink is "admin" and default password is "password" (without the quotes). Both the username and password are case-insensitive-sensitive, so be sure to enter them in lowercase. I think that you can proceed to the resetting of your router settings by using this information. Someone Verizon technical support can give you instructions for resetting your gate and delete any existing property. Also you can reset your gate to factory defaults if you have forgotten your username or password of your gate.

Follow the steps below to diagnose if there are connectivity problems and test possible solutions :
    1. Check that the light "Power" is on.
      • The light is green: The DSL gateway is on.
      • The light is off: The gate is not receiving power.
    2. Does any Ethernet lights (E1, E2, E3, or E4) is turned on?
      • The indicator light for the port where the cable is connected is green: The Ethernet connection is established between the gate and the computer.
      • The light at the port where the cable is connected is off: No link has been established between the DSL gateway and your computer.
    3. Also check whether DSL light is it on.
      • The light is green: The connection has been established between the gate and Verizon Online DSL.
      • The light is off: No connection has been established with Verizon Online DSL.
    4. Disconnect all networked computers and restart the computer connected to the system. Reconnect the computers one by one to locate the problem.
    5. If you are using only one computer, restart your computer can help re-establish a new connection.

You can also reset your gate to the factory defaults if you have forgotten your username or password of your gate. To reset your gate VersaLink 327W with factory defaults :
    1. Hold down the reset button on the rear panel of the gate VersaLink for 30 seconds.
      • You will lose all your settings, including WEP encryption information, the information of MAC address filtering and SSID information.
      • The user name and password of the gate will return to the Admin as default user name and password as the password.
    2. Now your door VersaLink 327W is using the factory default settings for the network. This includes the SSID and the default WEP encryption key. Please reconfigure your VersaLink gate to match the previous settings assigned to all other devices in your wireless network. Otherwise, it will identify other devices on the network.

I think that you should first use the Ping command to verify your internet connection. This test sends packets of data from your computer to an Internet server to test your Internet connection. If the connection is working, the number of data packets sent from your computer will be equal to the number of packets received by the server. Verify that data packets are going from your computer to your router or gateway and finally, the server on the Internet.