Thread: How to Create Work Network

How to Create Work Network

Dear Experts,

I have windows seven OS.
    I want to connect our LAN network.When I connect our LAN network plug into my PC RJ45 port and configure static IP, gateway etc now my pc showing my computer connect with LAN.
    Problem is that,Network Icon showing as (UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK) and also connect on only 10Mbps.My computer LAN adapter supported on 1Gbps.

Kindly solve my both problem and give me appreciable response.

Regards,

Arshad Mahmood
    Lahore,Pakistan

Re: How to Create Work Network

I guess you need to Update the network driver and reset the TCP/IP stack. In order to update the network driver just type devmgmt.msc in RUN and press enter. Now you need to select the network card device and go to its properties and click on Update Driver Button under driver tab. And for resetting the TCP/IP stack just go through this Microsoft Article.

Sir,
    My Lan adapter driver already updated.
    I again check on your order.Kindly give me solution for my problem.I f you need any info I can provide you,

davidmorgen19 Guest

You select your workgroup or not. if after select workgroup if same problem occurs then reconfigure the network and give different IP Add. ,different computer name.

Sir,

I am first time using win seven. kindly guide me how to configure work group?

All you need to do is to enable the Network Discovery. As it is been done then you need to open start menu and then to the control panel option. Then to the Network and Sharing Center. Click change advanced settings and then you need to enable the option/ Try to access the computer by entering the computername in the search box.

Dear Sir,

I have enter existing work group in my network setting and also enter static IP address network adapter.

Now my computer connected with our LAN network but its speed only 10mbps why???
    My computer can connect on 1gbps.Please give your value able assistance

Quote Originally Posted by arshadmahmood View Post
    Dear Sir,

I have enter existing work group in my network setting and also enter static IP address network adapter.

Now my computer connected with our LAN network but its speed only 10mbps why???
    My computer can connect on 1gbps.Please give your value able assistance
    Have you checked for virus or trojan checks in your network that maybe slowing down the lan speed network? There can be even a line speed/configuration issue between the networking devices. Did you even try to power down systems for testing/troubleshooting? If you have a slow hard drive/system as destination - hard drive to hard drive transfer can be slow. You can even try to off load any apps/services you don't need from starting up.

Dear Sir,

Thank yo very much for your detailed reply,

I have core 2 due 2.93, 2GB RAM, 250HDD Dell computer with window 7 avast anti virus also installed and daily updating through internet. computer working fin9 with me but problem is only LAN connected speed.
    Have you any procedure for LAN Ethernet cable test because I want to check my cable which is coming from approx 60MTR away Router.

There are many procedures on how to test the Lan ethernet cable. Basically it is always good to tell a networking guy to test all this kinda of stuffs because from wire to the router each and everything needs to be tested and sometimes this problem also arises from the ISP's themselves. In any case you can refer to some online guides or tutorials on making a tester for LAN cables or can even watch videos, watch here.

Dear Sir,

Youtube url block in our office network.Kindly give me an other link to watch plz

You cannot be provided any links out here. The thing is that the admin may have restricted the site in your network. It can be only accessed out with the help of the admin. Also you can make use of proxy servers to get access.

That video is available only on Youtube. If it is banned on your network, just go with some proxy sites like Atunnel. Open Atunnel and than put the video link on the field provide for the same and you can easily watch the video. Alternatively, ask your admin to grant the access for some time. Or finally download the video and save it on your drive. You dont need to open youtube for downloading the same. There are many sites that work for you in this case.

I tried saveyoutube for access to given youtube link but web site showing no video found??

you tube link which I entered in above web site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIh7pAyZFRk
    Last edited by Maqbool; 10-06-2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

Best of all solution i can suggest you is to download a third part application and easily download the youtube videos without visiting any sites. The best two application i have ever found for the same is
    YouTube Downloader 2.5.3
    MobileWitch YouTube Downloader 1.1.0

So just go ahead, install and watch the Youtube videos without any hesitation.