Thread: PLEASE HELP : WIRED BROADBAND - Ping showing 'Request Timed Out' Regularly - Connection Slowing down significantly

PLEASE HELP : WIRED BROADBAND - Ping showing 'Request Timed Out' Regularly - Connection Slowing down significantly

Hi,

I have DELL XPS Laptop, Brought 6 Months back.

It Has Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit OS Installed with Intel Core2 Duo P8700 2.53 GHz processor.

I Have been using wired broadband connection for the whole duration. However about 3-4 days back, the connection became much slower than expected. When I pinged the IP of the service provider, I noticed 'Request Timed Out' coming regularly. Like for every 8-10 replies, 1-2 even upto 5-6 time outs are coming. This does not seem to have any definite pattern as sometimes it runs for a minuite & then RTO for 7-8mes is displayed, execpt for the fact it is regularly happening.

As a result of this, the net connection is slowing down significantly/ stopping at times - hampering my work.

I had the provider come & throghly check the connections - the connection port at the other end & the wire itself is fine. I have checked my end of the port with with other laptops as well where everything seems to work fine & NO RTO is displayed. Only when I attach it to my laptop, suddenly the 'RTO' starts appearing.
    I Have personally not tried anything yet and am in a fix whether this is a hardware issue (is my port not working/damaged/ otherwise ?) or OS related issue (is it due to any possible OS corruption?) or is it due to software (could it have anything to do with virus/malware etc ? Although scans have found nothing.).

Please Help me & suggest solutions that I can try.

Thank You.

DB

Re: PLEASE HELP : WIRED BROADBAND - Ping showing 'Request Timed Out' Regularly - Connection Slowing down significantly

Have you installed any antivirus software/ firewall onto your pc? If so try to disable the firewall and check whether you can get proper pings or not? Did you try crimping rj45 connectors? It might be also possible that your onbooard lan card might be damaged as you have already mentioned that if you connect to other pc's then internet works flawlessly, so my recommendation would be to check that as well.

Re: PLEASE HELP : WIRED BROADBAND - Ping showing 'Request Timed Out' Regularly - Connection Slowing down significantly

Possibility seems with the cables through which you have connected the device and work out well for you. So perform and work essentially by changing the cables and then perform accordingly.