Thread: Hub Switch Causes Router To Stop Functioning

Hub Switch Causes Router To Stop Functioning

I have computer which is connected with the Hub Switch. And my Hub is connected to the router. I have another computer which is directly connected with that router. If I remove the hub switch from the router the computer wont get the internet connection which is having connected with that. The computer which is connected with the router directly is getting the connection properly. If I try to connect the computer to the Hub switch is not having the internet connection. What is the reason behind this. If you are having solution over this, then reply me with that.

Re: Hub Switch Causes Router To Stop Functioning

Just check out the steps below:
    • Press the Windows button and R and then open the Command prompt.
    • In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:
    • Then you have to make use of the following command as given.
      Code:
      IPCONFIG /ALL

You must need to check whether the HUB switch is working properly on your network. It must be possible that it is having problem and due to that you are facing the problem. So, just make use of that and then you will able to fix that problem. If you check that and if you are facing the problem due to that HUB Switch then you can simply able to replace that and solve the connection problem.

Hey, I am also facing same problem with my router NETGEAR DG834G. Until now I have not got any sort of problem from that. But, now it is not working properly and I am not able to understand the problem behind that. I have tried to reconfigured the router NETGEAR as the one done by the first time, but it wont help me. I have now tried that reconfiguration many time, but not able to get the solution. So, if you have any idea for that, then give that to me.

I would suggest you to buy the new Hub Switch and then you will able to resolve that problem. It may be possible that the Hub Switch had stopped working and that is why you are facing this problem. So, just make use of the new Hub Switch and then use that for connecting your computer with the router and computer and then you will able to get the internet connection for your computer.