Thread: D-link wireless Router and My Macbook Pro

D-link wireless Router and My Macbook Pro

I have recently bought Dlink WBR 1310 wireless router and configured a home network on it but I am facing some problems while connecting Macbook Pro to the Dlink WBR 1310 wireless router. Whenever the Macbook is connected to the router, it shows that the computer is connected to the network but I cannot access the Internet. So if anybody knows how to connect the D-link wireless Router and Macbook Pro then please share some information which might help me in solving the issue. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: D-link wireless Router and My Macbook Pro

Have you configured the router properly? If the router is not configured properly then the Macbook will not be able to access the router. Contact your network administrator and get the router configured again. After configuring the router again, you will be able to connect to the router without any problem.

I am also facing similar with my Macbook Pro. The network connection keeps on disconnecting while working on the Internet. All the webpages load up slowly on the Macbook and online videos are really very slow and glitchy. I think there is some problem with the recent Macbooks which are launched but still if anybody knows how to improve the performance of the Macbook, then please help.

The network card on the Macbook must not be working properly due to which the Macbook is disconnecting from the network. There are several reasons for the network card not to work properly but the primary reason can be because of the drivers. If the required drivers for the network card are missing on the system, it will not work properly. Update the network card drivers and check if the problem is solved or not.

If the RAM of the system gets flooded with the invalid entries then the system will give such errors. Hence try doing a PRAM reset and see if the problem is solved. Press and hold the P, R, Option and Apple keys on the keyboard while starting the Macbook. Keep them pressed till 3 startup beeps are heard. Release the keys on 3rd startup beep and let the Macbook boot normally.

DHCP on the router must not be working properly and hence the Macbook must not be getting an IP address assigned to it. If the IP address is not assigned to the device on the network, the device will not be detected on the router. Login to the router and restart the DHCP running on the router. Once the DHCP is restarted, see if the Macbook is able to connect to the router or not.