Thread: Cant access my Belkin f5d7230-4 configuration page

Cant access my Belkin f5d7230-4 configuration page

Hello there, I am facing a weird problem with the Belkin f5d7230-4 router which I am using. The computer which I am using had Windows XP installed on it which I recently upgraded to Windows 7. After upgrading the operating system on the computer, I am not able to access internet on the computer. Also I Cant access my Belkin f5d7230-4 configuration page. So if anybody knows how to solve the problem, then please share some information about it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Cant access my Belkin f5d7230-4 configuration page

Try resetting the router to the default factory settings and then see if the configuration page of the router is accessible or not. Sometimes the router gets stuck in some instructions which changes certain maintenance settings of the router. In such a situation, the configuration page will not be accessible. To make the configuration page accessible, restore the factory settings for the router by pressing the reset button on the router. Hopefully it will help.

Have you tried connecting the router to the computer using a console cable? Connect the router to the computer using a console cable and then enter the default IP address of the router in the Internet explorer. Provide the authentication user name and password. If the authentication information is correct then the configuration page will be visible.

I think the router which you are using has gone bad due to which the configuration page of the router is not accessible. If the router has developed some hardware faults then the user will not be able to access the configuration page of the router. Get the router checked by some technician and if the router is found to be faulty, you will have to get it replaced. Replacing the router will solve the issue.

The functions which are carried out by the router are controlled by the firmware of the router. Firmware like any other software, gets stuck while performing some operation. If the router gets stuck in some loop then the system will not be able to access the configuration page, hence you will have to update the firmware of the router. Download the updated firmware of the router from the manufacturers website and then install the firmware on the router. Reboot the router and see if you are able to access the configuration page of the router.

The router which you are using is acting as a Wireless access point and hence you are not able to access the configuration page. You will have to reset the router to the default settings so that you are able to access the configuration page of the router. There is restore to default button on the router, press it and then try to access the configuration page of the router.

You were right, the router was working as wireless access point due to which the configuration page of the router was not visible. Restoring the router to the default settings helped in restoring the normal working condition of the router. Thanks for all the help provided.