Thread: Ipv4 & Ipv6 not connected - no internet connection

Ipv4 & Ipv6 not connected - no internet connection

Hello there, I have recently bought a Sony Vaio laptop which is installed with Windows 7. I used to connect the laptop to the Dlink Wireless router for accessing Internet on the laptop but the now the laptop is not able to connect to the router. Everytime I try to connect the laptop to the router, it gives an error message saying "There is no connection on ipv4 and ipv6". Also the laptop shows limited connectivity. How do I solve Ipv4 & Ipv6 no connection problem? Please help.

Re: Ipv4 & Ipv6 not connected - no internet connection

Check if the drivers for the network card are installed and working properly on the laptop. All the devices which are connected to the computer, require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer. If the appropriate drivers are not installed on the computer, the device will not work properly. Go to device manager and highlight the network adapter. See if there are any caution signs. Follow the troubleshooting procedure or update the drivers which are installed.

Scan the system with an updated antivirus. There is a high possibility that the system is corrupted with a Virus which is not letting the system connect to the network. Virus's have the tendency of getting linked with files of the operating system. If such a situation rises, then the system will give problems which are similar to the one you are facing. Hence scan the system and check for all the files which are infected. After repairing all the files which are infected, see if the laptop is able to connect to the router or not.

Are there any security software installed on the computer? If yes then it could be the reason behind no network connectivity. All the security softwares have a tendency to block any unknown traffic which is coming on the computer. Due to this tendency sometimes the traffic desired by the user is also blocked. Hence try and disable any of the security software and see if the system is able to connect to the router or not.

The Network interface card of the computer establishes and maintains the network connection. Hence faulty network interface card means no network connection. To check the NIC of the system, click on start and select Run. Type "ping 127.0.0.1" and hit enter. Check if there are any data packet loss while sending and receiving data. If there are any errors in the data sent and received, then get the NIC of the system replaced. Once the NIC is replaced, the problem will be solved.

Residual charge stored in the laptops can create the problems like the one which you are facing. To solve the problem, drain the residual charge from the laptop. Remove the battery from the laptop. Press and hold the power button on the computer. Keep the button pressed for about a minute. Replace the battery after releasing the power button. Check if the problem is solved or not.

As suggested, I checked the version of the drivers which were installed on the computer and found it to be outdated. I downloaded the updated drivers for the network adapter and then installed it on the computer. After installing the updated drivers for the network adapter, now the computer is not giving same problems again. Thanks for all the help.

and how can i update it ???

Quote Originally Posted by Deaa_aq View Post
    and how can i update it ???
    Can you please specify in details what exactly you need to update? Normally, you can configure your computer for IPv6, but continue using IPv4 for a while. Not many servers exist yet for IPv6; if you want to access an IPv4 server, you need to use IPv4 on your side, as well.