Thread: Connection Sharing using squid

Connection Sharing using squid

Hello,
    Is there a method to share the connection with squid in my interfaces wlan0 and eth0 connected to Internet-related WLAN proxy authentication transparent to keep. Has anyone done this before. If this is possible then please guide me with this. Any help regarding this topic is appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Re: Connection Sharing using squid

Hello,
    Squid is not configured by default in transparent mode, so no problem. It redirects the requests to your Internet connection whatsoever. Just tell it to listen to what interface (eth0 in this case) you want to. For the tutorial, it's a bit difficult for you to lead, it depends on what you are looking for: simple authentication file, database sql, ldap? may be some of the options you are searching for.

Hello,
    If you need some of the documentation or tutorials on squid then you can visit their official site. Though I do not know what you are searching is included in their documentation, you will need to search a bit for it. Control Web access is done with a captive portal, I have not been in touch with squid for a few months now. So, I am not sure about it.

Hey,
    I configured my squid with authentication ncsa and is functional. My problem is the ICS without using squid transparent mode What should I put iptables rules and where to put it? should I add QQE lines in the configuration file of squid for it takes account of shared connection? I guess my assumptions are correct here. Any more help regarding this topic is appreciated.

Squid cares Connection Sharing. Or it authorizes or it does not. You must close the port 80 and allow the port 3128 on eth0. Squid are responsible alone to redirect requests on 3128 (if authorized) to port 80 of the interface connected to the Internet (must be allowed outbound traffic). But if squid is in non-transparent mode, it will configure all your clients to use that squid (IP address and port). In transparent mode, it is "easier" requests on port 80 are redirected by iptables to port 3128 without the customer noticing.