Thread: Laptop can't connect to wireless router (hard-wired or wireless neither)

Laptop can't connect to wireless router (hard-wired or wireless neither)

Hi everyone
    I am not able to connect my router to my laptop anymore. I have connected my laptop to internet with the help of this router several times but from last 1 hour ago the connection was lost. And now I can’t connect to the internet. I am using Windows XP and my router is a Netgear Wireless-G Router WGR614 v9 which is connected to a modem. But the wireless card can detect internet connection but it it not able to connect to the internet. Please help me.

Re: Laptop can't connect to wireless router (hard-wired or wireless neither)

Try to follow some troubleshooting method. First make sure that the adapter is turned on with the keyboard FN-wireless F key. After that try to disable or enable the adapter. If this doesnt work then try to restart the router or the laptop itself. Also try to run the Windows troubleshooting tool. I will also suggest to make sure that the laptop is within the range of the router and the security choices on both devices match (WPA2-PSK/AES). Also check the different security choice on both the router and laptop.

Re: Laptop can't connect to wireless router (hard-wired or wireless neither)

You have to go to Start > Run, type CMD, and press OK to open a command prompt:
    Enter the below given command:
    • IPCONFIG /ALL [there is no space middle of the slash and ALL]
    • You have to do the Right click in the command window and Select All, then press Enter.
    • Paste the results in your next reply here.
    • If possible then use a text file to copy the results of your laptop and then attach that file here.

Open IE and then go to tools menu > internet options> connections... and now you have to check the box which displays never dial a connection.

After that try to reset the router by pressing the reset button for approx 20-30 seconds and power down router for 10 seconds and power it back up.

Now go back to the router interface (192.1681.1) and leave it to Obtain IP Automatically or Automatic Configuration on DHCP and after that go to MAC Address and Clone it and then make it enable >> clone >> save settings >> status page.

There are several steps to make a internet connection via router.
    • The MAC address which is on your NIC, you should clone it to the router.
    • You have to set the Router to acquire IP address automatically or dynamic. All AUTO.
    • You have to set your computer to acquire a IP automatically, then you have to press a repair button.
    • You don’t have to set subnet mask or DNS manually in the computer or router.
    • Now you have to reboot your modem to clear the MAC table and then reboot the router.