Thread: XP Guardian 2010... Virus?

XP Guardian 2010... Virus?

Hello to everyone. I have recently got one problem on my computer for the application of XP Guardian 2010. It is having really nice look and feel. But, it is on my computer though I have not installed that. It simply give me pop up in the start bar. And give me message that I have a Security risk. It ask me to block that or not. I have not done any, as I am quiet unsure for that. I have by mistake open the Internet Explorer and now I am getting that problem. I usually use the Firefox. If anyone knows the exact reason on this problem then give that solution to me.

Re: XP Guardian 2010... Virus?

Simply, remove the XP Guardian 2010 from you computer and then solve your problem. You can use the steps below for that:
    Step 1: Click on Start
    Step 2: Click on My Computer
    Step 3: Click Search
    Step 4: Search for the file. You have to search for the all files and folders to search your entire computer.
    Step 5: Click the file and press Delete on your keyboard. This will allow you to remove files.

You need to uninstall the XP Guardian 2010 application from the control panel and then you will able to solve your problem. It will simply fix your problem. As if that application is having installed on your computer, then you will able to remove that from your Control panel. So, just remove that and get solved for your problem. If you uninstall the application then it can fix your problem.

You can stop your Xp Guardian 2010 from the Task manager. You can able to stop with the following steps:
    • Open the Task Manager. This can be done by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete on your keyboard and clicking Task Manager or right-click the taskbar and clicking Task Manager.
    • Then you can simply select the task you want to stop and click End Process
    • You receive a warning message. If it is a virus, then generally it should be stopped.

Simply delete the following registry key and then you will able to solve your XP Guardian 2010 application problem:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ XP Guardian
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ XP Guardian
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall \ XP Guardian

First stop the XP Guardian 2010 process from the Task manger and then you can simply remove that file from your computer.
    Stop Guardian XP Processes
    av.exe
    Remove XP Guardian Files
    C: \ Documents and Settings \ [username] \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ av.exe

Use any of the software application below and then remove the virus infected file from your computer:
    • AOL Active Virus Shield
    • Avast! Home Edition
    • AVG Anti-Virus
    • BitDefender
    • Kaspersky Anti-Virus
    • McAfee VirusScan
    • Quick Heal AntiVirus