Thread: Windows 7 x64 and nForce ethernet - major issue

Windows 7 x64 and nForce ethernet - major issue

Hello people, I hope to get the solution for the problem which I am facing. I have installed Windows 7 on my desktop which is having an Nvidia Nforce 730a motherboard . The problem which I am facing is, after installing Windows 7 on the computer, the ethernet connection keeps dropping frequently. So if anybody else is facing similar issues with Windows 7 x64 and nForce ethernet then please share some information which might help me in solving the issue. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Windows 7 x64 and nForce ethernet - major issue

Every device which is connected to the computer requires a set of drivers to be installed on the computer to work properly. Drivers act as a mediator between the operating system and the device. Hence if the appropriate drivers for the device are not installed then the device will not work properly. Go to device manager and check if the appropriate drivers for the ethernet card are installed and working. If there are any caution signs against the network adapter then follow the troubleshooting and see if it helps.

The problem can be with the Network interface card of the system. The network interface card is responsible for establishing and maintaining the network connection. Hence if the NIC itself is faulty then the network connection will keep on dropping. To check the NIC of the system, Go to Run and type "ping 127.0.0.1" and hit enter. Check if there are any packet losses while sending and receiving the data. If there are any loses then get the NIC replaced as it is faulty.

There is a high possibility that the computer is infected with some kind of virus due to which the network connectivity is fluctuating. Virus's have the tendency to get linked with files of the operating system. If such a situation occurs then the feature of the operating system related to the file which is infected will not work properly. Hence scan the system and repair all the files which infected. See if the problem is solved or not.

Get the motherboard of the computer checked. All the functions which are performed by the computer are controlled by the motherboard of the computer. If the motherboard of the computer is faulty, it will give problems which are similar to the one which you are facing. Get the motherboard checked by some technician and see if the motherboard is faulty. Once the motherboard is replaced, you will not face such problems.

Lot of devices are incompatible with Windows 7. The incompatible devices do not work properly on Windows 7. The incompatibility rises due to the absence of the compatible drivers. Download and install the compatible drivers on the system. After installing the drivers for the device, see if the device works properly or not.

I downloaded the latest drivers which are available for the nForce motherboards on the Nvidia website and installed it on the computer. Now the ethernet on the computer is not giving any problems while working. Also changed some TCP/IP settings of the computer which prevents frequent dropping of the connection.