Thread: WiFi strange problem RTL8191SE NIC

unsure WiFi strange problem RTL8191SE NIC

Well this is how it goes.

2 Weeks ago i bought an Amilo with a Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless 802.11n PCI-E NIC on it.

I am trying to connect to my router in wireless mode but there is a strange problem.
    I scan the place , laptop finds the router, it connects with the WPA key , connection established for about 10-15 seconds and suddenly its terminated!

The signal strength is "Fair" when i scan the place and when it establishes connection its says Signal Strength : "Perfect" (?). Laptop is 2 rooms away from the router.

There is another laptop (older one) in the same room which connects on the same router without problems!

After the disconnection the signal strength of the router is "poor". How can this happen??

I ve searched on the net ways to edit some settings on advanced tab like "TX Power Level" , "Beacon Interval" and i ve downloaded the latest drivers for the card but with no luck.

Truth is that if i put the laptop near the router 1-2 meters away , it establishes connection with no problem.

Anyone knows what the problem might be???
    Last edited by FujitsuAmilo; 02-05-2010 at 02:43 AM.

Re: WiFi strange problem RTL8191SE NIC

Which router are you talking about? What is the age of the router? I think that is router's antennas problem. Might be it is not powerful enough to hold the connection or may be it is too old and so is partially dead. To check this you may connect your router directly to the laptop and see if you can get the internet connection properly. If yes then you need to replace the antennas.

Amie thank you for replying.

I don't believe its the antenna.

The router is NetFaster and its a 1 year model. I can connect to the router if i am 3-4 meters away. The problem is in my room where i have other 2 laptops (second one is my girlfriends) and its 7-8 meters away from the router. The other laptops can connect without a single problem.

So thats why i guessed it might be a hardware failure of the realtek card and took the laptop back to the store 2 days ago.

Now i am waiting for a new one.

If there might be a failure in the first place i ll post back to tell you.

Thank you again.
    Last edited by FujitsuAmilo; 06-05-2010 at 05:01 PM.

Just a thought, Your driver is available on the manufacturer's site, you just have to recover http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...#RTL8191SE-VA2

James 911 thank you very much for the link.
    Already tried the latest drivers for the realtek card but still no luck.
    The wifi keeps losing the signal from the router. Keeps disconnecting.

Its been 4 days now since i took the laptop back.
    I called them this morning and they told me that the service procedure was not completed.

Still waiting....

The issue seems to be with the connectivity. Your connection may be dropping as the drivers is not much compatible with the system or not able to cope well. so it would be better you check out for the system ailments that is required by the device and then make the necessary implementation that is installing the drivers and setting the parameters.

Hello there, I am not to understand the main cause of the WIFI problem. If the cause cannot be found, the solution can also be not given. It is required that you must call your computer engineer and they will help you with the solution, as they may be able to look into the issue. Also, it is their responsibility to do so. I hope that your problem will be solved after that.

@ Milton.J

Its a Fujitsu Amilo PI3660-F6 laptop.

Tried the latest drivers. No luck.
    Tried to increase the TX power of the card. No luck.
    It only stays connected when i go near ther router 2-3 meters away.

@ Spyrus.

I enable the wi-fi on the laptop.

After scanning i see my router on top with signal strength 3/6 (3 out of 6)
    and other 7-8 wifi connections from nearby appartments.

Then it auto-connects as i had put the wep key the first time i saved my connection as default and the signal strength goes to 6/6 excellent (!!!).

After 15 seconds it disconnects(!!!!). The signal strength is now decreased to 1/6 very low(!!!!). Also after immediate scanning i now see only 3 connections and not mine! Where is my connection??? Where are the other 4-5 connections gone? Is suddenly my laptops wi-fi strength lowered on its own??

After 1 minute the laptop re-connects to my router and disconnects after 15-20 seconds again. Isn't this strange??

A 3 year old HP laptop and a small Acer Aspire One are in my room and i can connect from them with no problem.

Tried a lot of things guys

I ve read on a forum that exactly the same symptoms have appeared on another guys laptop with the same card and he returned it back and got a new one.

If they give me a new one then it will mean that they accepted the laptop as defective and agreed that the wifi card had a hardware failure.

I will report back next week.
    Last edited by FujitsuAmilo; 09-05-2010 at 02:35 AM.

Well guys ... They called me this morning and they accepted the laptop as defective.

Right now i am working with the new one and the wi-fi works like a charm.

No disconnections and the signal stability is perfect.

So all the symptoms i ve written in this thread appeared because of the faulty wireless Realtek card.

Thanx everyone who read and replied to this thread which is now solved. We have a clear view of what happened and it might be good for others also.

Case closed.