Thread: How to configure a GPO to auto map network drives for all users?

How to configure a GPO to auto map network drives for all users?

Hello. I have SBS 2003 systems running in the field and I have always just mapped the drives manually for each user as most are less than 25 users. The thing is that my client is also about to install SBS 2003 which would have 48users and 22 mappings. I want all users to have same mappings each time they login I got to know that configuring a GPO within Ad is much reliable and faster. Please help me out with it. Thank you.

Re: How to configure a GPO to auto map network drives for all users?

For your information GPO that is Group policy objects do not map drives. But you ca n make it to use by assigning login scripts which can run as many "net use" commands. It has the advantage of being able to configure the login script in GPO once rather manually mapping multiple drives for multiple users. So do look out for it.

Another way through which you can sort the issue to work out well is by making the things to process accordingly. As you can create ADM file for use with GPO to map the drives. I hope this will sort the issue well for you. So in order to get the issue to be sorted and work well for you it is essential that you process accordingly.

Well in order to make the issue to be sorted and work out well for you all you need to do is to run a logon script via a GPO and it would be good option. As it is essential for you to define same mappings that are required for all users you can define them and copy to the default user profiles. So do check out and make the necessary ailments to be fulfilled to work accordingly.

It could be that the proces you are lookin out to sort can be done well on GPO. Use SBS_LOGIN_SCRIPT.bet file. It will help you out well. I would recommend you do not use a loin script via GPO ro a default user profile. Both of these work against SBS native configuration. So do look out for the thing and make necessary ailment to be implemented.