Thread: How do I allow VPN through Belkin Router?

How do I allow VPN through Belkin Router?

I am trying to configure out a VPN (Virtual Private Network ) to windows server 2003. I have configured at all what I know and configured well on the server, according to me. The issue is getting it to work via the router. I know that the server VPN is configured well because I am able to vpn it just well when I am behind the router .

What and where I am going wrong? Thanks for any suggestion !

Hi NewComer ,

According to your post that you have written for getting exact solution , you have managed the physical connection properly and also you have checked but in other hand you need to also check the internal action of the network. Just make sure that your ISP does not block the ports that you are trying to use. And also try DMZ mode on the router to pass entire packets via server. if you are unable to get the connection when it is in DMZ mode then it is something on the server settings and maybe a firewall setting. You need to check these things also...

Thanks ...

You requires to perform a port forwarding on port 1723 and I am sure it would be a helpful solution for you.

If you find yourself unable to figure out that how to forward ports manually, we have a easy software resolution known PFConfig which can forward your ports for you automatically. This is freely available on the internet and you can download it for your use.

VPN to work through Belkin Wireless router

Hi,

I am unable to VPN to work through my Belkin 54g wireless router. I am connecting with a Nortel Contivity Client. I considered that I would not require to open ports in the Firewall as I was initiating the connection from within my home network.

I tried to patch a cable directly into the router rather than using the wireless route, however I am running with the same issue and I am waiting for the solution. . Can anyone help me to solve this .. ??

Would you follow my suggestion , I am not saying that it is the best and perfect solution for you but it can be a possible solution for you with such type of issues. The best bet is to work with a cabled connection until working, as you have tried. Often on the local router you require to activate IPSec or VPN pass-through to allow VPN traffic. I figured out the 54g router ( I assumed not the 54g modem/gateway/router) and there is no such indication of VPN pass-through capabilities. There are number of routers do not support VPN traffic, are you sure this model Belkin performed as so ? You could try connecting to the modem, by-passing, the router to test.

Hello Remedy,

After getting this very interesting thread, I discussed about this problem with my friends for any solution but unfortunately nothing acceptable and satisfactory that I got during discussion and I did the search on different sites.
    According to Belkin technical support the Router should support VPN pass through by default. I checked to see if I could find IPSec/VPN pass through some advance settings but could not. I have searched about the same in some of the articles on the internet and also reffered some sites that people have updated their firmware and this has solved the issues .?

Re: How do I allow VPN through Belkin Router?

The problem that you described here is assumed as the firmware issue in the router and it can not handle VPN over the radio. Is this an older model router (a year+) ? probably, there is a firmware upgrade for this . Linksys and D-link routers all had such type of issue when they first got in to these home units and firmware upgrades resolved everything well.I think you need to also go for it and this is one of the solution that can make you free from such issue..!!!!!!