Thread: Airtun-ng with wpa2 in Backtrack

Airtun-ng with wpa2 in Backtrack

Hello,
    After several research (especially on the aircrack site) I noted that with the latest version of airtun, it could also decrypt wpa by cons there is no news of it on their official site nor on any other site. I like to know if somebody was able to do and how to do ( I have the key is my own network). Any help regarding this is appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Re: Airtun-ng with wpa2 in Backtrack

Hello,
    You speak of WPA or WPA2? It is more of an attack that works only with PSK and not AES (WPA2-PSK in principle would also be vulnerable) to after what I understood by analyzing traffic he managed to inject frames preclude clear that the attacker receives ALWAYS traffic in encrypted. I think it is good that the software is not developed, else many can misuse this software for their needs.

Decrypt wpa with Airtun-ng in Backtrack

Hello,
    I do agree with the above post, we can achieve such a MITM to the blind, with an ICMP packet indicating that the shortest path between the PC victim and the router is via PC attacker. It responds to the place of the router (eg DOS) and it sends a web page interface with the box asking to enter the WPA key. The fault lies on a fault man, if the guy refuses damage, if the victim gave his key and can retrieve the SMS or email.

Hello,
    Even I am interested in this discussion. I speak rather sniff the network with a couple airtun ettercap-ng while monitoring the network. I have done on the open and wep, but I still find a way to do it with wpa. So, if this is possible with wep then I think their is a possibility that it is also possible to work with wpa, though I have not tried. Any more information regarding this is appreciated. Thank you for your advice.

Hello,
    You can not currently use airtun-ng with WPA/WPA2. The problem lies in the principle that, overall, it spoofed the AP to send data to a station. It goes very well in open or WEP, because it has no protection against replay. WPA/WPA2 Except that it has, with the TSC. If we come with the wpa decrypter airdecap-ng or decrypt and read it, why not try to do so instantaneous as airtun-ng does so well. It remains possible the problem is the time to code all this.