Thread: How to add auto map network drive in samba server config

How to add auto map network drive in samba server config

Hi everyone,
    I am trying to add the auto map network drive in the server that is having the Samba, but not able to do it. I think that I might have went wrong while installing the Samba.!! So please tell me some about the adding an auto map network drive in samba server config. Since, there are also chances that installation might have went wrong, also tell me about the installing the samba.

Re: Install Samba on the Linux PC.

The default file / etc / samba / smb.conf is operational as provided by Debian and Ubuntu but it will have to edit some aspects of this file.
    • The name of the workgroup will be amended to harmonize with the Windows PC is paramount
    • Also uncomment the line security = user by removing the; beginning of the line to increase security.
    • Inform also in the file / etc / hosts each network computer with the name of Ip and PC in the form: Ip nomPC.

Re: How to add auto map network drive in samba server config

Create samba users on the Linux PC with smbpasswd (or pdbedit), by the following steps keeping in mind :
    • The user must already be users of the Linux PC, create them as needed, put them in a sharing group, then we create Samba users with the following commands: sudo smbpasswd-a username sudo or pdbedit-a username
    • Give the pass and then the sudo pass chosen for the user. It is preferable to give each user different pass.

The second command is used if you have the option passdb backend = tdbsam in your smb.conf instead of defining a smbpasswd file (this option exists since version 3.0 and up Samba users and their tdb password in a file located in / var / lib / samba file safer and stronger than a plain text file smbpasswd).

Thanks for trying to help me. But I think that my problem is little bit different. I have a server (linux / samba) on which I have several shares \ \ server \ Part1 \ \ server \ part2
    if I mount the first partition on win-xp pc ok.
    if I want to get a second: error: "\ \ server \ part2 accessible.vous do not have". It is obviously not possible to mount two shares from a same server. How is this possible.??

Of course you do! The only thing we can not do is two fixtures on the same server with different accounts. Try to check the following things :
    • The account used to mount the shares
    • The authorization of shares on "part2"
    • Permissions on "part2" and the files they contain.

You need to have installed the following packages, which surely come with installation disks of your favorite distribution :
    • samba: SMB server.
    • samba-client: Various protocol for SMB customers.
    • samba-common: Files needed for client and server.

It is important to synchronize accounts between the Samba server and Windows stations.

You should keep in mind that the names of the hosts should not have more than 15 characters. The following are the steps that can be useful for installing Samba on the Linux PC. The default file / etc / samba / smb.conf is operational as provided by Debian and Ubuntu but it will have to edit some aspects of this file.
    • The name of the workgroup will be amended to harmonize with the Windows PC is paramount
    • Also uncomment the line security = user by removing the; beginning of the line to increase security.
    • Inform also in the file / etc / hosts each network computer with the name of Ip and PC in the form: Ip nomPC.