Thread: Belkin Router + Bellsouth Westell 6100

Belkin Router + Bellsouth Westell 6100

Hi,
    I have a Belkin router and I am trying to connect the same to Bellsouth Westell 6100. I am using Windows XP pc with 4 other system connected to the network. But the problem here is that my router is not responding to the modem. Even when everything is working then also the router does not work properly. What can be done here to fix this.

Re: Belkin Router + Bellsouth Westell 6100

In my case I had just purchased a Gateway home Micradigital from an online site. My network card PCI card is a realtek RTL8029 (AS). When I connect my router to my network card vien a cable straight RJ45, LED on the router to tell me that I am plugging dessu ignites. My network card is active and the router is lit. Both internet does not works. I had tried two command here which solved the issue. First ipconfig / release in cmd and then ipconfig / renew.

Your modem has a static IP address. You find it on his record. Start by pinging to see if it responds. For example my modem router which has the fixed address 10.0.0.138. Ping the ip address in cmd 10.0.0.138 and receives the 4 packets that my internal Ethernet network is OK. If it receives anything is that my network card is down. You need to replace that.

Your modem does not receive anything. Your network card or PCI or included on the motherboard for example is not necessarily broken. Replaces the driver. Then consult the manager device. Once the driver is reinstalled using the CD if it is a book with PCI or the CD if it's a motherboard chipset and if you had an abnormality in the manager so he could be a hardware problem. I think rather the driver.

I had re-installed my network card and then used the same command ipconfig / renew in command prompt. It shows me that the DHC server is not available and that the time has exceed. I am trying to search for the similar drivers but does not locate any of it. I will try this same and test it on a another pc. If that works then my system has a hardware issue.

You might be facing problem in installing the modem router. The configuration of a router is important and there you need to checkout your firewall settings also. Install a router proper first and then update your network driver. There are various ways to reset a modem. Either by IP or with telnet commands. My modem router is configured in single modem.

Then you must have a connectivity problem. Checked the wiring or the RJ connector might have a bad wiring. I bought a router and the WiFi does not work. But lately my router does not work anymore, when I connect to my PC it works fine but once I disconnect, and rebooted. At last I changed the cables and added the latest drivers and now the same is working.