Thread: How to remove boot sector virus with the help of xubunto

How to remove boot sector virus with the help of xubunto

Hello guys, I am a new user in this section of the tech arena. Hope you will forgive me if I have done some mistake in writing my queries. Since a long time I had been downloading all the pirated software and movies and storing them on the hard drive. With this thing I had created a lot of problem in my computer, by inviting a lot of viruses that have been residing on my computer now, the thing is I wanted to remove all the important files and folders in the computer in such a way that it should not be infected by the virus, I tried man things like Lucid puppy and Xubuntu live CD on my computer, but both of them were not so good and didn’t help me in removing the viruses. My operating system is Windows Xp and I am not able to remove the virus in this, but I was able to remove the virus in the Linux many a time, any help will be really appreciated.

Re: How to remove boot sector virus with the help of xubunto

Hello friend, this seems to be a major issue that you are facing right now. You can do one thing open the ubuntu in one of the web page by using Firefox, once you have that then go to AVAST anti virus trusted site. There you will find that the anti virus is different for different operating systems, so you download for Linux operating systems in it. Now once you have downloaded and registered yourself, then you van open the terminal in the Linux and type the following command in that.
    cd Downloads
    sudo dpkg –i avast*
    After this the installing process of the anti virus will be started. So now you have installed it you will be asked for the registration key, once the key is been provided then you can scan the computer, once the computer is been scanned then it will remove all the viruses that are present in the computer system.

When I tried to backup the data in the hard disk, it was not allowing me to do that just because of many viruses that were present in that. All I was doing that transferring the data from the hard drive to the CD, but it was not able to do that. Since I had no connection in the internet in my old PC, the downloading of the anti virus was done from outside in the other PC. I recently got a Clamtk for my pc with the help of the cd, but it was of no use because it would read any of the data in the cd drive. Also some of the application that were opening in the system, were for the some time only and when it were present in the tray below it would get disappeared after some time, so I should restart the computer and check it again but it were of the same thing.

Hi friends, this is an exception thing I had done to overcome the problem. When I tried to connect the new hard drive in my pc for restoring my data. I could not do that because of one of them was of SATA and other one was of IDE, so I just tried this thing, I just deleted all the files that were present in the c drive, because the hard disk was of less memory, and accidently I deleted all the folders that were present in the c drive of the operating system. Then when I insert the windows 7 operating system CD in it, error was been showed by it. Because of that I replaced the entire file by doing the repair of all the files and folders present in it. This was the thing that helped me out to remove all the error that were present and was able to boot the windows in my computer. I downloaded a fresh antivirus and did the full system scan, with this I had to remove lots o viruses in it. Once they were removed then the entire things were working fine.

There may occur a problem if you have an SCSI and IDE disk present in the same machine, if you have two different MBR present in the operating System, the mbr of the first ide is been read. So the installation of the second MBR is not been needed. So if you have the mbr in the different disc then it will create the problem of loading in the computer. Also the process of installation deletes the Windows mbr forcing me to install the windows first and then something else which I want to. If you want to install the linux first then you can install it and later restore a boot sector in the multiboot section.