Thread: Can't use remote desktop with Belkin router

Can't use remote desktop with Belkin router

Hi,
    I am facing issue on connection remote desktop connection on my network. I am not able to connect here. I have a belkin router which is connected to the network. I had done a proper setup and when I connect the same it showed out error. I had tried to re-install the router on the system but still there is no help. I need some help here to fix this. Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't use remote desktop with Belkin router

To use the Remote Desktop Connection, it must take into account several prerequisites. First the the host i.e. the remote machine on which you will connect. The other one is client i.e. the local machine with which you will connect. So if your network connection is not properly active then you might not be able to get a proper remote desktop access.

In your client computer go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Communications > Remote Desktop Login and then click on options. Then go to field Settings logon, you can enter the host name, your login and then provide your domain account information which is hosted at one time, allowing for the following facilitate the connection by recording these parameters.

Field Connection settings, saves the settings entered or load parameters already defined. Namely, if you save your settings, saving will be in a file that eventually you will start the connection directly. In the show ta you can choose to configure the Size of Remote Desktop, the possibilities are either a lower resolution than yours (from 640 * 480) up to full screen. the number of color who will display in the window.

Right click on my computer and then click on properties.Then go to hardware and device manager. In that right click on your modem and then choose update drivers. Once done reboot your system and check back. If the router works well in my case. I was having a bit compatibility issue of the router. My OS update has also responsible for making the router work.

It is possible that the firewall might be blocking your remote access. For this you will have to first start the service manager in remote desktop and administration tools in the Control Panel. Run remote desktop and then in the computer box, type a name or an IP computer. The computer may be a terminal server or a computer running Windows Professional or Server that has Remote.

The RDC in windows is actually composed of two distinct parts first a server and a client, also called terminal. he client is available on all versions of Windows and also for Mac . The server is only available on versions of Windows-based system. If you are able to connect via network then it is possible to use RDC. Other wise try to change your router.