Thread: Problem connecting XBOX 360 to Belkin Router

Problem connecting XBOX 360 to Belkin Router

Hi,
    I have a belkin router. I have an Xbox console which I wan tto cnnect to the router to stream online game. I had first using a different one which is taken by my friend. Now I have this one but it is nto working. My Xbox does not get any connection status in this. I had tried the same on pc where that works and then internet is on. What can be the problem with Xbox.

Re: Problem connecting XBOX 360 to Belkin Router

With the arrival of devices more and more people able to connect to the net, our Freebox are sorely tested. Problem for game consoles like Xbox 360, additional settings may be necessary. You will need to configure the router mode of the Freebox to take advantage of Xbox Live in the best conditions. You must be on Freebox router mode to run this tutorial. If you have your console connected to the Freebox direct mode, these manipulations are unnecessary.

Also note that by default, you can connect your console without configuring the ports of Xbox Live, but you'll be in moderation which can be problematic in many games. First thing you will need to learn is how to always assign the same local IP (unique identifier on your network) to your Xbox 360. Remember to connect your console to your ethernet Freebox before starting.

That is quiet righ. For adding a local IP to your Xbox go to your Xbox 360, in My Xbox and the far right, to find the System Settings menu. Then from there enterLAN Settings, configure the network settings tab complementary, and enter the Advanced Settings menu (Hosts and another MAC address). Do not change anything, just write the code written below MAC address with cable.

You have to also go your Free management interface and log in with your ADSL. Look for the option Set up my router Freebox in the Internet menu and click it. First check that the DHCP enabled and checkboxes are checked. If this is not the case, do so. Go down then up permanent DHCP leases. In the first column, enter an IP address of our choice (by default, it should start with 192.168.0 and the last digit must be between 1 and 50), then enter the right MAC address of your Xbox 360 taken earlier.

If you are configuring the Xbox IP then use a use the separator : after every two characters. Then after that you have to go in into the Port Forwarding section and enter the following configurations, one by one. See this Port: 3074, protocol: tcp and set destination: IP chosen for your Xbox 360. Then add port 3074, assign the protocol and do the same for port 88.

After you assign port reboot your system. On your Xbox 360, go to System Settings > Network Settings > Test Xbox Live connection and confirm if necessary. Wait for the test. If all goes as planned, a message will tell you. If you have an error message related to NAT, make sure you did not err in the IP address and MAC address when configuring.