Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to find ESSID

Networking & Security

Old 08-05-2010

How to find ESSID

Hello,
I detected a network that is not even secure a WEP key and the ssid was hidden.!! Now I want to know that how can I know the SSID and WEP of my wireless network.?? I am facing all this problem because I don't know much about the SSID and WEP. Also please tell me more about the ESSID.!! Hoping that someone hanging out there will help me soon.!!

Old 08-05-2010

Re: How to find ESSID

This attack is extremely useful to find a ESSDI hidden (not broadcasted) and WPA handshake capture by forcing the client to re-authenticate. It can also be used to generate ARP requests as Windows clients sometimes emptying their ARP cache when they are disconnected. For sure this attack is totally useless if there is no associated wireless client.
Old 08-05-2010

When a station joins a cell, it sends a polling request to each channel. This request contains the ESSID that the cell is configured to use and also the volume of traffic that your wireless adapter can support. If no ESSID is not set, the station listens to the network to find an SSID.
Old 08-05-2010

Each access point transmits a signal at regular intervals (approximately ten times per second). This signal, called signal, provides information on its BSSID, ESSID characteristics and, if applicable. The ESSID is automatically transmitted by default, but is recommended if possible to disable this option.
Old 08-05-2010

I would like to tell you more about the ESSID. When a polling request, the access point verifies the ESSID and the application of traffic found in signaling. If the ESSID as consistent with the access point, it sends a response with data synchronization and information on their traffic load. Thus, the station that receives the response can check the quality of the signal sent by the access point to determine how far. In general, the closer one access point is, the greater its ability to transfer data.
Old 09-05-2010

A crack is possible under these conditions (station without AP) making you go to the AP. This is called the attack "cafe latte", but it can be very long, and the interest is fairly limited as it is a fairly complex attack. Regarding the hidden essid, some access points broadcast their essid, others not (whether they are configured with the SSID broadcast or not). In all cases, when a client connects you discover the SSID, airodump-ng you the poster. On some types of PA it is even possible to succeed without a crack station connected, even with a hidden essid.
Old 10-05-2010

According to me the Attack Deauthentication would be useful for you. This attack is extremely useful to find a ESSDI hidden (not broadcasted) and WPA handshake capture by forcing the client to re-authenticate. It can also be used to generate ARP requests as Windows clients sometimes emptying their ARP cache when they are disconnected. For sure this attack is totally useless if there is no associated wireless client.
Old 17-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
Each access point transmits a signal at regular intervals (approximately ten times per second). This signal, called signal, [snip]
I think Steve123 meant that signal is called a beacon.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,