Thread: How to remove Troj/Cosmu-G

How to remove Troj/Cosmu-G

I have just connected my pen drive to my computer and copied some files and nothing happened. They were a video files and when i tried to open them then suddenly my anti virus software came up with an infection on my computer system. My machine is infected by Troj/Cosmu-G but the strange thing is that it is not able to remove it. Help me!!! I have installed windows vista on this computer and needed really good anti virus software.

Re: How to remove Troj/Cosmu-G

The virus by which your computer system has been infected that is Troj/Cosmu-G is a trojan which keeps on sending you the fake alerts about the anti virus software and when you click on the alert it takes you to the web page from where you can download that particular software which is in fact a fake one. So you better not try this as it might happen that it would make your system more infected.

Here you have got the perfect anti virus software which is most used software on windows vista systems to secure them from all the kind of viruses. Avast Anti Virus is a good software to secure your computer but you just have to keep on updating it after some time. Though this is the latest version but still update it after some days or a month. Click on the name of an AVAST to download it.

I think you should try to remove the viruses from the safe mode of your windows operating system as it might happen that your anti virus removes the virus from vista safe mode. You have to restart your computer then keep on pressing F8 key which takes you to the Windows Vista Booting Options where you have to select for the Safe Mode with or without Networking.

If your anti virus software does not works for removing the viruses then no matter if you have updated your windows version. Actually Firewall is a good security feature provided in an every windows operating system which checks for the each and every bit of data which tries to enter in to your system. As soon as it finds any malicious bit then you would be prompt for the same. You can make your firewall on from Control Panel>Windows Firewall.

As your anti virus software is not able to remove the viruses out of your computer then it might happen that the version of your anti virus software has been expired, You have to update your anti virus software. This kind of issue also may rise if you are using a pirated version or a demo version of an anti virus software.

Even if you do not have any software which can remove the viruses from computer system, You can remove it manually once you have found it location on your hard disk. First of all remove an infected file then go to the task manager to kill all the processes related to that file. Then you may again scan your computer. You have keep on repeating until all the possible infections gets deleted.