Thread: Micromax W990 Windows phone not able to connect to Wireless router

Micromax W990 Windows phone not able to connect to Wireless router

Hello there I have recently bought a Micromax W990 Windows phone which has Windows mobile 6.1 on it. The phone also has Wireless capability. I have Linksys wireless router which is providing internet connection to my desktop computer. The problem is my Micromax W990 Windows phone does not connect to Linksys router. The wireless network is visible on the phone and when I connect the phone to the wireless network, it shows status as connected but Internet is available on the phone. How to solve this problem? Please help.

Re: Micromax W990 Windows phone not able to connect to Wireless router

Sometimes the devices are not able to connect to the router if the configuration of the router is not proper. For sharing the same Internet connection on the different devices, you will have to configure the router properly. If the router is not configured properly then devices will not be able to connect to it. Login to the router and check if the router is configured as per the settings which are provided by the ISP. Make changes if any and then save the settings. Reboot the router and see if the phone is able to connect to the router.

Reset the phone and then try to connect to the router. Sometimes the operating system running on the phone gets stuck while executing some application on the phone. If such a situation occurs then some features or functions of the phone will not work. Therefore reset the phone so that the phone is back to working state and check if the wireless lan is working on the phone or not.

Check if the phone is getting IP assigned by the router properly. DHCP running on the router is responsible for assigning IP address to all the devices which are connected to the router using Wireless connection. If the DHCP does not assign correct IP address to the device which is connected, then the device will not be able to access the Internet on the phone. Restart the DHCP running on the router. After restarting the DHCP, try connecting the phone to the wireless router ands see if it works.

Restore the phone to the factory settings and see if the phone is able to connect to the Wireless router. To reset the phone to the factory settings, click on Start and select settings. Select Device settings and select Clear Storage device. Now let the procedure complete. The phone will restart. After restarting check if the wireless on the phone is working. Before clearing the storage device, transfer the data from the Phone memory to the memory card as clearing phone memory will delete all the data from it.

Before restoring the phone to the factory settings, try the following and see if it helps. Go to the connectivity section and then turn on the wireless on the phone. Check all the profiles of the wireless networks which are saved on the phone. Remove all the profiles from the phone and then try to connect the phone to the network. Hopefully it will work.

As suggested I tried deleting the previous wireless profile from the phone and it really helped in solving the issue. Now the phone is able to connect to any wireless network which is not encrypted. I am glad that I did not format the phone memory of the phone as it would have been difficult in recovering all the data from the phone memory. Thanks a lot.