Thread: Port forwarding problem for D-link GLB-802c

Port forwarding problem for D-link GLB-802c

After upgrading to the Windows 7 operating system, I am facing the port forwarding problem for D-link GLB-802c. I am not able to understand why this is happening because everything was working fine in the Windows Vista, that is the previous operating system that I was working with. I am using the Torrent application called Utorrent and I am getting a very low speed of 30 KBPS for a connection of 2 MBPS line. This is why I am doing the port forwarding.

Kindly provide some help on this situation as soon as possible.

Re: Port forwarding problem for D-link GLB-802c

Hello there, it seems that your situation about the port forwarding problem for D-link GLB-802c has been solved on our forums already. For the solutions, you will have to give a look at the threads that are given below:

I hope that they prove to be of some help to you. If your problem continues even after using the solutions given there, then please let me know about it.

According to me, the port forwarding problem for D-link GLB-802c is being caused because of the Windows 7 operating system. There may be conflicts with the torrent applications and the operating system because of which this problem is being caused. May be you must run the hardware and software evaluation tool in your system first and get rid of all the components from the system that are shown to be incompatible by the tool.

I think that the firewall along with the operating system is creating some blockage issues. So, inorder to eradicate the situation, you will have to disable the firewall. After that, check out if the problem is still there or if it has been solved. If the issue continues, then you will have to set the operating system in the compatibility mode and hope the issue to be solved.

There is a need to contact your computer engineer for the port forwarding problem for D-link GLB-802c. He will be able to look into the problem and thus, find the actual cause of the issue. It is infact, his responsibility to do the required settings for your system. Also, playing with the components of your system can create more problems for you. So, it is better if the computer engineer can do something for you.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

You have mentioned that the Windows 7 operating system has been upgraded from the older version. This is the cause of the port forwarding problem for D-link GLB-802c. The problems of the older operating system are also retained in the upgraded operating system. This is why it is advised that one must always enable a clean install of the operating system, that is after getting rid of the current operating system. This is to be done by formatting.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson22 View Post
    You have mentioned that the Windows 7 operating system has been upgraded from the older version. This is the cause of the port forwarding problem for D-link GLB-802c. The problems of the older operating system are also retained in the upgraded operating system. This is why it is advised that one must always enable a clean install of the operating system, that is after getting rid of the current operating system. This is to be done by formatting.
    I will be clean installing the Windows 7 operating system soon. I will try doing the Port forwarding problem for D-link GLB-802c after that. If my problems are not solved after that, then you guys will have to help me with some other solution. Anyways, thanks for all the help till now.