Thread: SG tcp optimizer for linux

SG tcp optimizer for linux

I am running a Linux operating system on my desktop machine and I am looking forward to install the new tcp optimizer on this machine. I have heard many good things about the SG tcp optimizer but I am not so sure that it is compatible with the linux as well. Can you guys tell me that is there any linux version of SG TCP optimizer. Thanks in advance!

Re: SG tcp optimizer for linux

With the free "SG TCP Optimizer" to keep the settings of your network card optimized. Instead of complicated mess up the Windows registry, you can change with the freeware "SG TCP Optimizer" on a successful user interface settings on the NIC. Thus, for optimization of the point "Optimal settings" such as all taxable values ​​with a single click. However, the manual control of MTU, Rwin, QoS ToS or is possible.

TCP Optimizer to the advantage of not installed on your machine, but just to run, you can edit the same values ​​as we have seen throughout this article, simply by using an interface to entering data to edit. Once the changes, it will ask you to reboot the machine for the inclusion of new parameters. Once you have clicked on the executable, you get to this window, select your connection type "Dialup", "DSL", "DSL (PPPoE)", "Cable Modem" or "Extreme". "DSL (PPPoE)" corresponds to PPPoE "Cable Modem" is PPPoA Now it's your choice how you will optimize your connection. The 2 choices of interest are:
    • Optimal settings
    • Custom setting

If you choose to click on "Optimal settings", your ordeal ends here, the software takes into account the parameters directly and ask you to reboot the machine.

The MTU "Maximum Transmission Unit" is defined as the maximum transmission capacity of "IP Packet" from the Internet on the network. It is measured in bytes. A lot of connection problems or views on certain sites or send emails with attachments that do not pass, or problems under FTP often come from the MTU is too large or too small. If packets are too small, remittances are more numerous and they are too big, shipments are slower. TCP Optimizer utility will allow you to calculate and determine the ideal MTU for your connection.