Thread: How to Connect Bsnl WIFI modem to Mobile?

How to Connect Bsnl WIFI modem to Mobile?

Hello there, I have a just got a BSNL broadband subscription which is provided by a beetel wireless modem. I have a Nokia E series phone which has Wifi in it but I am not able to connect the phone to the router using Wifi connection. Is there any special method to connect the phone to the router or is my phone faulty? Please help if anybody here knows How to Connect Bsnl WIFI modem to Mobile. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to Connect Bsnl WIFI modem to Mobile?

According to me the phone is having some faults due to which it is not able to connect to the router. If the phone is new, I would suggest that you take the phone to the nearest service center and get it checked. If there is any fault in the phone, get it rectified and then try connecting the phone to the router. Hopefully after rectifying the problem, the phone will be able to connect to the router.

It is possible that the router is not configured properly to handle multiple device and hence the phone is not able to connect to the router. The router has to be configured properly in order to handle multiple connections at a time. Get the configuration of the router checked by the network engineer and see if there are any changes to be made. Save the changes if made and check if the mobile is able to connect to the router.

If the system is corrupted with some virus, it will not allow any other device to connect to the network. Virus's when get downloaded on the computer, then it creates problem like this. Scan the system with an updated antivirus and check for all the files which infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. After repairing all the files which are infected, check if the mobile is able to connect to the router.

Have you tried connecting the phone to the network using a USB cable? Sometimes the ADSL2+ routers are not able to detect the devices which are connected using a Wireless communication. Hence to connect such devices, data cables are used. You can try and connect the phone to the computer using a Data cable and see if internet is working on the phone. You will have to install Nokia PC suite and proper drivers for the phone on the computer, to make internet work properly on the phone.

Try the following settings and see if it works :-

• Start the browser and enter 192.168.1.1 in address bar.
    • Provide correct user name and password
    • Go to advance setup and Select WAN.
    • Change the 0/32 column and click on Next.
    • Choose ppp over enternet (pppoe)
    • Enter ppp username = your bsnl username.
    • Enter ppp pass = your bsnl password
    • Enter the Service name = dataone and hit next
    • Save the settings and reboot the router.

gillispy456 Guest

1)Go to your browser in computer.
    type 192.168.1.1
    2)fill the user name and password
    username = admin
    pass = admin
    3)Click on advance setup and then wan.
    edit 0/32 column.
    click next
    4)chose ppp over enternet (pppoe)
    Enter ppp username and password
    ppp username = your bsnl username
    ppp pass = your bsnl password
    service name = dataone
    click next and next
    5)click on save and then click on save and reboot
    6)Modem will restart
    7)pick up your mobile open browser and search for wifi and go.

Hey thanks for your reply i will go through the reply of your and if it works for me will update in this thread only. Hope that this will work for me.

i have china mobile fortune F25 and i want connect with wifi bsnl modem

First of all you have to check that weather your phone supports Wifi. Like Nokia N81. I have this model and it works on my wifi modem. On your desktop you have to create first a wifi network. Once done you can run the wifi connection from your mobile and it will search for networks. Once found you can start surfing internet.

Hi,

I have a newly purchased Nokia X5-01 it has wi-fi and it connects to wi-fi at different hotspots (checked atleast at 3 different places). However it does not connect at my home. I have a Nokia Siemens BSNL Broadband wifi router.

I am able to connect at least 2 laptops and 2 desktops at a time so it is not an issue with connecting multiple devices at once. And it is not my phone either. It has something to do with the WiFi configuration.

Please suggest. In case you need more info please let me know. You may also directly contact me at jain.rohit0@gmail.com

Thanks

Seems very strange, as other laptops/pcs are able to find and connect with the same modem / wifi, that means modem is properly configured. Your mobile is also able to find and connect 3 different wifi hotsposts, that means mobile is also working properly. Than what could be the problem. Anyways, just give a try. Backup your device and perform a Soft reset of your mobile and see if it works or not.

Thanks

I tried that already. But here I have narrowed down further on the issue.
    I am using Nokia Siemns Router and my ISP is BSNL.
    By default this is not an always on connection. Hence the way it used to work was I had to connect to the Router (which required a key) and then I had to manually run the Internet connection (more like dial up, but please do not mistake this to be a dial up, it is a broadband).

Now what I have done is I have changed it to always on mode by following instructions at

But it still does not help. Let me tell you that my Laptops and computors can access internet without manual intervention more like an always on connection.

Please provide your valuable input.

Hi RJ0141,

Have you tried to connect the modem to the computer in wireless mode using the network key. After that whenyou are connected then try to setup a broadband connection from the network and sharing centre, put the username and password you have been given with the connection in it and connect through that broadband connection.