Thread: Iball Baton ADSL2+Router IB-LR6111A with BSNL Dataone

Iball Baton ADSL2+Router IB-LR6111A with BSNL Dataone

Hello there, I have a BSNL broadband connection on my desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP. I want to share the same broadband connection on my laptop which has Windows 7 on it and hence for that I have bought Iball Baton router. So I want to know how to use Iball Baton ADSL2+Router IB-LR6111A with BSNL Dataone. Any suggestions about the topic are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Iball Baton ADSL2+Router IB-LR6111A with BSNL Dataone

All the ISP's do not support sharing of the connection between two computers. For preventing the sharing of connection between different computers, the ISPs track the Mac address of the devices which are connected. Tracking the MAC address of the different devices, helps the ISP in differing the services to the devices which are connected. If the sharing of the connection is not supported from the ISP side, then there is no use in implementing hardware solutions for sharing. Therefore before implementing any hardware for sharing, check if the sharing is allowed or not.

For sharing the connection between the desktop computer and the laptop, you will have to configure the router properly. If the router is not configured properly you will not be able to share the connection. To configure the router properly, login to the router using the default IP address and then open the configuration page. Get the appropriate settings for the router from the ISP and configure the router accordingly. Save the configuration of the router and reboot the router.

As suggested I got the configuration from the ISP and configured the router as per the settings which were provided. I saved the settings and rebooted the router. After rebooting the router, the laptop was able to connect to the router but there was no internet connection available on the laptop. Is there some other settings which are to be activated on the router to enable internet on the laptop? Please help.

Are there any security softwares installed on the computer? If yes then it could be the reason behind the problem which you are facing. All the security softwares block the unknown traffic which is originating or terminating on the computer. Due to this tendency sometimes the traffic which is desired by the user is also blocked. Hence if there is any security software installed on the computer, disable it and check if there is internet available on the laptop or not.

The default version of IP in Windows 7 is IPv6 while the default IP version of Windows XP is IPv4. Therefore if two computers which are working on these two operating system then it will lead to protocol mismatch and hence the network will not work. Therefore disable the IPv6 support of Windows 7 and then check if the system is working fine or not. Go to network connection wizard and go to TCP/IP properties. Remove the check mark from the "Enable IPv6 support" and save the settings. Hopefully your problem will be solved.

Yes after disabling the IPv6 support on the laptop now I am able to connect it to the available networks without any problem. I also disabled the installed firewall and the antivirus on the computer which was blocking some websites on the computer. After disabling the firewall and antivirus all websites could be accessed without any problems. Thanks for sharing useful information.

hey guyss i have puchased iball banton's ib-lR6111A modem when i am using my bsnl net Act led is not flashing or blinking plzz help me is it necessary ?? but Act Led blinks whilt swtcho nmodem but not when accessing internet only LAN Led Blinks why ??

Quote Originally Posted by Pratik Kulkarni View Post
    hey guyss i have puchased iball banton's ib-lR6111A modem when i am using my bsnl net Act led is not flashing or blinking plzz help me is it necessary ?? but Act Led blinks whilt swtcho nmodem but not when accessing internet only LAN Led Blinks why ??
    It sounds to me that its like a bad port on the modem. Do you have another computer to test with, to be able to verify? Maybe a friends computer that is under warranty (in case it blows that lan card too, or just don't tell them and roll the dice). Infact no light means that no internet, so first try to check with your ISP as well.