Thread: Access internet on two computer using WA3002G4

Access internet on two computer using WA3002G4

Hello people, My desktop computer has a Windows Xp installed on it and has a BSNL broadband connection. The broadband connection is provided by the BSNL type 4 modem which has wireless connectivity. The problem which I am facing is I am not able to access the same internet connection through my laptop. Whenever I try to connect the laptop to the modem, it gives an error saying "phone line is busy". Therefore if anybody knows how to Access internet on two computer using WA3002G4 then please share some information about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Access internet on two computer using WA3002G4

Before implementing any hardware solutions for sharing of Internet connection, contact the customer support center of the ISP and ask if sharing of the internet connection is allowed or not. Most of the ISP's do not allow the sharing of internet connection. The ISP's track the Mac address of all the devices which are connected to the network. Tracking ISP's help the ISP to differ services to computers which are connected. Therefore check if the sharing of connection is allowed or not and then try and connect the devices to the network.

In order to share the same internet connection on different computers, you will have to configure the router properly. To configure the router properly, you will have to login to the router using the default IP address. Login to the router and open the configuration page. Get the appropriate settings required for the router and configure the router accordingly. Once the configuration is complete, save the configuration and reboot the router. After rebooting the router, check if you are able to connect multiple computers to the router.

Are there any security softwares installed on the laptop? Security softwares when installed on the computer, create problems which are similar to the one which you are facing. The security applications block any unknown traffic or application on the computer. This tendency sometimes blocks the traffic or application which is desired by the user. Hence try and disable any security software installed on the computer and see if the laptop is able to connect to the router or not.

Get the default IP address of the router from the user manual and enter it in the address bar of the browser. Enter the authentication information and open the configuration settings for the router. Configure the router as follows and see if the laptop is able to connect to the router.

• Highlight PPP/PPPoE and select "Always On"
    • Open the WAN page and enter the USERNAME and PASSWORD.
    • Now Enable DHCP.
    • Save the configuration and go to maintenance tab.
    • Restart the router with current settings.
    • Open the TCP/Ip properties in both the computers
    • Select "Obtain IP address automatically" and click on Apply

Scan the system with an updated antivirus as there is high possibility that the system is infected with an updated antivirus. Virus's when downloaded, create the problem similar to the one which you are facing. Hence scan the system and check all the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. After repairing the files, check if the system is working properly.

Thanks for replying to the post. I configured the router as per the settings provided by you and it really worked. Now I am able to connect both the computers to the router. One computer is connected to the router using a Wireless communication while other is connected to it using Wired connection. Internet access is available on both the computers.