Thread: How to Setup Linksys router with Tikona?

How to Setup Linksys router with Tikona?

Hello there, I need your help in making this setup work. I have recently got a Tikona broadband connection for my desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP. The engineers from the Tikona broadband, installed a device called Nano which is connected to the computer directly. The internet works properly when the Nano device is connected to the computer directly, but I want to connect the Linksys router to the computer. The linksys router was earlier used for Hathway connection. I want to know How to Setup Linksys router with Tikona, so if anybody knows how to go about it then please share some information about it. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: How to Setup Linksys router with Tikona?

To be able to use the router with the Tikona connection, you will have to configure the router properly. Once the router is configured properly, you will be able to use the Linksys router with the TIKONA connection. Contact the customer support center of TIKONA and get the required settings for the router. Configure the router as per the settings provided by the TIKONA support center and then check if the router works properly or not.

Tikona wireless broadband connection comes with a Ubiquiti wireless router which is directly connected to the computer for accessing internet. Hence it will not support the Linksys router for implementing any network connection. Therefore I will suggest do not attempt to change the network connection as it may lead to broadband connection not working.

As suggested I got the settings which are required for configuring the router to work with TIKONA broadband but even after configuring the router, the system is not able to get an IP address assigned from the DHCP. Does this mean the router is faulty? Will buying new router solve the problem? Please help.

You have mentioned that you have configured the router properly as per the router settings which were provided by the ISP but still not able to access the Internet hence I think the firmware of the router is not working properly. The proper operation of the router is dependent on the firmware of the router which is the operating system of the router. Get the firmware updated and check if the router is able to connect to the internet or not.

I updated the firmware on the route but there is no update available for the model of the router which I am using since 2008. But still after updating the firmware the router is able to connect to the router without any problem. The router still gets hung up while using Torrent based applications. I am not sure what is causing such problem but still it is good that it is working. Thanks for the advice

You can try and install the Tomato firmware update which works on most of the LINKSYS router. Go to the official website of Tomato and download the firmware update which is available for the model of the router which you are using. Install the update and see if the problem with the router is solved or not.