Thread: Rouge XP Internet Security 2010 SCAN! How to remove it

Rouge XP Internet Security 2010 SCAN! How to remove it

I am running with the installation of Full McAfee Security and came with my ATT DSL, I performed the Quick scan and the Full scan and found nothing. These annoying pop ups are terrible. This is the message what I am getting -

Code:
    "Unknown program is scanning your system registry right now! Identity theft detected! Do you want to block this attack?"..options>
    1) Please get a copy of XP INTERNET SECURITY 2010 to safeguard your PC while surfing the web (RECOMMENDED)
    2) Run a spyware virus, and malware scan
    3) Continue surfing without any security measures (DANGEROUS)"
    Three of the threats: “Macro.Visio.Radiant”, “Trojan.BNK.WIN32.Keylogger.gen”, and EICAR-test-file”

You require to get a software like spybot search and remove those unwanted malware on your machine. I never trusted macafee to be a reliable program in the first place. I am using Avira free and Z/A firewall currently and those two have very best for me every time . But you should try to start your machine in safe mode and use mcafee to remove them cause in safe mode that should only load the required windows system not some other unwanted startup programs. And one thing more, In the future know what you click and whatever site you are surfing and watch how you click on to close pops.

Thank you very much for your replies. With entire popups about me being infected with all types of things, I checked in the task manager and got this av.exe, that I have seen on different website as a possible culprit. I wonder if it is safe to remove but my options are either to put in maximum or minimum priority or to "End Process".

Someone else told me that I would have to exchange or replace my NIC/PCI card from the MoBo, formatted again my Hard disk,reinstalled the windows and maybe that would perform.

Would you like to follow my suggestions , If you are running with the proper connection of internet then run over to http://malwarebytes.org/ download and execute it. Even that may not 100% resolve it. Flatten and re-format is the best cure. First , you have to resolve specific Windows registry values. Otherwise, you would not be able to execute the MalwareBytes or some other anti-malware software.

You should try to run the Kaspersky stand alone virus removal tool and that should be used in safe mode, the pop-ups are hiding in your Java cache if you need to do a regedit plus then it changed the value on these components :

Set registry value: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify = 0x00000001 -> 0x00000000
    Set registry value: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify = 0x00000001 -> 0x00000000
    Set registry value: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify = 0x00000001 -> 0x00000000

There are a lot of tools are available and also the associated procedures. Just think about performing the system restoration and it is unlikely to fix the issue but should not do any harm and Also, get CCleaner and find out your browser options where you can remove everything in your Java cache such as Malwarebytes and Spybot Seek and remove are highly recommended update them and run the scans.

Your own anti-virus has not been able to fight with it so go for another like AVG, Avira, Kaspersky, Norton and etc .

Hey dear,

I have some suggestions for you if you desired to go with them . I want to suggest you about the way that I am using. You need to use Malwarebytes followed by SuperAntispyware distributed as free version and together they automatically will detect and remove rogue antivirus software very effectively. The same software, I am using that's why, I am suggesting you to do the same !!!!!!!

Thanks