Thread: Running Wine through SSH

Running Wine through SSH

Hello,
    My question is simple:
    Is it possible to use SSH through an application launched by Wine? Understood ... I can not do it because it crashes. I have installed "Eve Online" on one of my machines and I do not want to start on another ... I use it via SSH, but it does not work. So, if you guys have any idea about this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Running Wine through SSH

Hello,
    If you use firefox ssh then you've probably already exported the display or it you would also be wrong.
    To deport the display through ssh must do two things:

1 - Configure the ssh server (/ etc / ssh / sshd_config) with option to yes X11Forwarding

2 - Do you connect to the remote machine with-X (ssh-X tamachine). And after you test for example with a simple xterm see if the display is deported or not
    I hope the information will help you.

Hello,
    Even i am trying the same thing. So, without knowing it, I export the display (I opened always-X) and yes sshd_config allows X11Forwarding. So, that's not it. But I must say that Eve Online is not a small application. The installer weighs 2GB and put the GPU is heavily involved (the temperature rises from 25° when I run the games) I would try with another application launched by Wine (smaller) and see what are the results.

Hello,
    You can also try with the ssh-Y option (see man ssh), or you can visit the official site of the distribution which you are using. Also, you can try to manage the wine regedit through the SSH tunnel and see what is the output of that. By cons I have not tried the game being at work and the connection is more rotten than I tested with me.

Hello,
    I think wine is not the actually software you are looking for. I get to run all sorts of applications with Wine, but not my game too heavy or I do not know what. I insist on not too much. So, even I was trying for this but did not found a solution for this. So, if you have any alternate software for this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    How it works export 3D Display SSH? Is it the server that makes the calculations and exports a picture, or is it the customer who made the job? Sometimes I use SSH with graphical config tools with some opengl (for transitions from Display softer), and it's slow a lot. I also tried to get Live TV (SD, not HD) via ssh with the video player on the server, and barely playable (wifi), so that it works well if the player is launched the client.

Hello,
    I have no answer. I thought it would not more than 100MB with no problems (if only the flow that is at issue). It would force the client to do the job right? VM to see if the flow is concerned. So, if you have any other software which you can recommend me then please let me know. Thanks in advance.