Thread: Unable to delete Avast 5 Free Anti-virus

Unable to delete Avast 5 Free Anti-virus

I have a computer which runs on Windows XP and i have also installed Avast 5 Free Anti-virus on my computer and recently i have upgraded my computer's operating system to Windows 7. When i installed avast antivirus on my computer i did not restarted my computer immediately which corrupted some files of my system. Now the Windows Security Alerts always appears on my system tray. I then tried to remove this antivirus but i was unable to do it from control panel through add ans remove option. Please help me to remove it as i don't want it.

Re: Unable to delete Avast 5 Free Anti-virus

I think you need to have Avast Uninstall Utility from the official website of Avast. You can get this program from here which i have mentioned below. I think you need to have this tool which is greatly helpful for removing avast antivirus from the computer when it is not able to remove from a particular computer. There are many possible way by which the files get corrupted and the antivirus is not removable. So try it, will definitely help you.

Avast Uninstall Utility

I think you need to check out by deleting the folder of the avast antivirus which is saved on your computer when you have installed it. Just go to the location where you have saved it during the installation. When you find it then you need to try to delete this folder from your computer and then it is deleted, then you can go to the control panel and from there you can uninstall it completely.

In this case i think you don't need to un-install it from your computer. I think you need to try to install it one more time on the same computer with the same setup file and then try to install it to the same place where you have already installed it on your computer. It will over-rite it and you can now have the avast antivirus on your computer and also if it asks for the restart then please restart your computer immediately.

You can also solve this problem by installing the latest version of the avast antivirus on your computer. To do it you need to check for the latest update for the avast antivirus and if you get it then you can install it and upgrade the older version with the new one on your computer. I am sure that this method will definitely help you out.