Thread: wis09abgn not working with WPA2

wis09abgn not working with WPA2

Hi everyone,

I am running with an LED TV UN40B7000 situated with an WIS09ABGN wireless adapter. I also have an DLINK (DI-524) wireless router that is configured in G Mode and speeding now at 54 Mbps. Both of the devices are configured with the last firmware .

The issue description that I am getting is as follows :

If I come with both TV and router to work with WEP, everything is fine and my TV works well on the internet connection and when I put both the router to use WPA2 (using WPA2 pre shared key and AES), the TV unable to connect. The log on router displays the same error message during one or two minutes. The log entries are as follows:

Sunday April 18, 2010 12:43:31 Associated: 00-12-FB-2E-6F-44 st=0
    Sunday April 18, 2010 12:43:35 Disassociated: 00-12-FB-2E-6F-44 because WPA retry failed 4

My notebook is going fine using WPA2 with that wireless router. yet, This is some little introduction about my connected router:

Beacon Interval 100 (msec, range: 1~65535, default: 100)
    RTS Threshold 2432 (range: 256~2432, default: 2432)
    Fragmentation 2346 (range: 256~2346, default: 2346, even number only)
    DTIM Interval 3 (range: 1~255, default: 3)
    Wireless Mode G (11 b/g Mixed G mode 11n mode 11 b/g/n Mixed)
    TX Rates Auto (Mbps)
    SSID broadcast Enable

By the way, Is it possible to use WPA2 and where I am lacking in the connection?

Would you consider some suggestion if you are running with proper connection of devices, you need to go Under the "Network Connection - Wireless", it should list out which options are available. The U.S. model has this listed on P. 32, and based on the mode of your router, It may contain some certain versions of WPA2. For the U.S. model, it says that WPA2+PSK is an accepted authentication mode, but then needs an encryption type of WEP, TKIP, or AES.

Hi,

You need to consider something on my configuration.I am using WPA2PSK in the router. The TV manual says "Authentication Mode : OPEN, SHARED, WPAPSK, WPA2PSK". Apart from this, I have configured AES in the router where manual says "Encryption Type : WEP, TKIP, AES".

I can select these options on router but the LED TV only requires for the security key when I choose the network name (SSID) from the menu. Is there a method to do some troubleshooting the wireless TV? Is there a method to get the log on TV? I don't have another TV but I have a notebook. Should I go for the WIS09ABGN with my notebook?

star Re: wis09abgn not working with WPA2

Hi seducer,

One thing that I need to ask is that Are you able to input the security code? The code would be set on the router.In case , if you are unable to do that then you need to go for this. I will recommend you to made disable the wireless part as soon as possible if you are not using wireless part . Just log into your router web console, click on the wireless button, and choose disable. If you are using it then you can made enable the security but for that you require to change the SSID and disable the broadcast of the SSID.

I am able to input on TV with the same the security code that I entered on the router. In case of router, everything is going fine : my notebook works well with that router and the settings that I have done. This is why I am asking you for any way to troubleshoot the problems of the TV (how to get logs and so on...) or how to try the WIS09ABGN in my notebook.

If I select WEP, in both router and TV, the wireless network comes into work. But I need to use WPA2 (for security causes, of course). What would be the next step?

I am not sure about any method to test this. The problem could be anywhere in the router, LinkStick or TV. I had have to work with these three to be able to even diagnose it. Newest likely would be the TV, as I had be much likely to lean towards a network problem between the LinkStick not functioning, or being compatible with the router. I got something earlier that some users who have Apple Airport Routers also initially have complexities connecting with WPA2, but a call to the router company can often fix it through configuration.