Thread: How to Connect C6500 to wireless network?

How to Connect C6500 to wireless network?

I just bought a Samsung C6500 blue ray player which I am trying to connect to my wireless router but I am not able to. The wireless router which I am using is a Dlink router. The problem is whenever I try to connect the C6500 to the wireless router, I get an error saying "Physical connection established but cannot connect to external network. contact network service provider" and hence I want to know How to Connect C6500 to wireless network? Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: How to Connect C6500 to wireless network?

You will have to configure the wireless network again to connect the player to the router. If the router is not configured properly then the the player will not get connect. Enter the IP address of the router in the address bar and hit enter. Enter the authentication information and open the configuration page. Check all the settings of the routers. If there are any changes to be made, do it and save the settings. Reboot the router and then try to connect the player to the router.

The DHCP running on the router is responsible for assigning IP addresses to all the devices which are connected to the router using Wireless connection. If the DHCP is not working properly then the device will not be able to access all the resources of the network. Therefore login to the router and disable the DHCP running on the router. Enable the DHCP again and save the configuration. Restart the router and connect the player to the router.

Try restoring the router to the default factory settings and see if the player gets connected to the router. Sometimes the settings which are entered in the router, conflict with the device. Such problem can be solved by restoring the factory default settings on the router. Use the default IP address of the router to login to the router and go to maintenance tab. Select "Default Factory settings" option and restart the router. After resetting the router, check if the device gets connected.

As the player is new, I would suggest that you contact the service center of Samsung and get the player checked by the technician. According to me the player which you are using is faulty and due to which the player is not getting connected to the router. Hence get the player checked and if the player is faulty then you will get the player replaced.

Sometimes the network which you are using has some encryption. Samsung player has does not support encrypted network. Therefore if the network is encrypted, the player will not be able to connect to the network. Hence check if the network is encrypted or not. If the network is encrypted, remove the encryption and see if the player is able to connect.

The proper working of the router is dependent on the algorithm of the router. Algorithm of the router is firmware which works as the operating system of the router. Therefore if the firmware of the router is outdated, it will not be able to handle any new device to be connected. Hence get the firmware of the router updated and see if the player gets connected to the network.