Thread: Wireless connectivity issues with B3600 and SSID broadcast

Wireless connectivity issues with B3600 and SSID broadcast

Hello friends, I am facing a weird issue with the Samsung Blue ray disc player which I have bought recently. I have a small home network configured which has 2 computers and a printer working on it. The network is implemented using Linksys WRT54G router. The problem is I am not able to connect the blue ray player to the router. I am not a networking person and hence am not able to figure out what is causing such problem. So if anybody else is facing similar Wireless connectivity issues with B3600 then please share some information about it. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Wireless connectivity issues with B3600 and SSID broadcast

First check the configuration of the router. It is possible that the current configuration of the router is not able to support the blue ray player and hence the player is not able to connect to the router. Use the default IP address of the router and login to the router. Open the configuration page and check all the settings which are configured into the router. If there are any changes to be made, do it and save the changes which are made to the configuration. Reboot the router and see if the player is able to connect to the router.

The router must not be broadcasting the SSID of the network and hence the Samsung player is not able to connect to it. For any new device to connect to the router, it should get the required SSID of the network. If the broadcasting of the SSID is disabled then no new device will be able to connect to the network. Hence check if the router is broadcasting the SSID or not. If the router is not broadcasting the SSID, then edit the settings of the router to broadcast the SSID and then try to connect the player to the router.

I think the Blue ray player which you are trying to connect to the network is not working properly and hence the player is not getting connected to the router. Get the player checked at the Authorized service center of Samsung and see if there is anything wrong with the player or not. If the player is faulty then it will be replaced for free as all the samsung products are covered with 1 year warranty under which any problem with the product is serviced for free if the device has not undergone any physical damage.

Is your wireless network encrypted? If yes then it could be the reason behind the player not getting connected to the Wireless router. Samsung Blue ray players do not support the encryptions which are provided for the wireless networks and therefore will not connect to the network which are encrypted. Therefore check first if the network in encrypted or not. If the network is encrypted then you will have to remove the encryption in order to connect the player to the router.

Sometimes the configuration of the router conflicts with the devices and if such a situation occurs, the device will not be able to access the router. Therefore I would suggest that you reset the router to the factory settings and reboot it. To restore the router to the factory settings. Login to the router and open the configuration page. Go to maintenance tab and select the "Restore to factory settings" option. Click on Restart. Let the router reboot and check if the player connects to the network.

Check if the router is using MAC address filtering for differing services to the devices which are connected. Some of the network configuration, requires a Mac address filtering to be enabled which will ensure authenticated devices to be connected. The Blue Ray player wont be able to connect. Therefore disable the MAC address filtering in the router and check the connectivity of the player to the router.